What's new

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Oct 06) (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, one thing can absolutely be said for Eick (and RDM): they stick to their word. The show is ending, they announced it like they said they would. I'm personally looking forward to the final 22 hours of the show. Each one will now be an event instead of "just" a show.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

Paul:

I don't think I was constructing a straw man. As I said before, it's probably best not to discuss this, given HTF's policy on politics, etc.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys,

I'm very late to the party. I don't watch Galactica on cable, but on DVD and now blu ray. I had watched season 2 and the first 5 or 6 episodes of S3 and took a break from the series about 2 years ago, was watching Mad Men on blu ray!

Because Amazon had a great deal on the entire Galactica series on BD, I jumped on it a few weeks ago. So I just resumed watching S3 and finished S3 last night.

Wow, great stuff. I was really surprised to see what happens to Starbuck in Maelstrom. I knew Starbuck wasn't really dead. But I wasn't sure if she was a Cylon. I sure hope not! No spoilers please! In reading up on Starbuck's death in that episode, there was a comment that you could just barely hear the original sound of the Cylons in TOS saying, "By your command" as her ship explodes. I'm curious what becomes of that. So I sure hope she is not a Cylon. If she is, the older model Cyclons, Number 6 and Sharon, etc, must not know as they didn't know Tigh was a Cylon.

I had accidentally heard that Tyrol was a Cylon a year and half ago! So while watching the 3rd season, I had that in the back of my mind. Didn't expect to see the other 3 realize they were Cylons. During the episode Tyrol is on the algae planet trying to figure out the markings on the temple, I kept thinking because he is a Cylon, he was drawn to it.

I'm looking forward to seeing S4 and how this ends. And how Starbuck came back! For a time, I was wondering if they'd do their version of the Galactica 1980 episode called The Return of Starbuck. But I doubt that!

I may rewatch bits of S1 and S2 before going on to remind me what is going on with Lee and his time on the Pegasus.

On another note, I am re-watching Star Trek DS9 as well and it's funny to look at Dr. Bashir and can't help thinking he and Baltar sort of look and sound alike!

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
On another note, I am re-watching Star Trek DS9 as well and it's funny to look at Dr. Bashir and can't help thinking he and Baltar sort of look and sound alike!

That's been commented about all over the place.

DS9 and BSG. Two of the greatest Sci-Fi shows ever.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Kevin Hewell 

That's been commented about all over the place.

DS9 and BSG. Two of the greatest Sci-Fi shows ever.

Funny, I didn't know that about others commenting on the similarity of those characters.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

I may rewatch bits of S1 and S2 before going on to remind me what is going on with Lee and his time on the Pegasus.

I can't believe this all was 3-4 years ago now. Just unbelievable.

I'm not fresh enough to answer a lot of the questions without throwing spoiler tags all over the place, but lots of your doubts continue to holdover into S4.

The Return of Starbuck inspired episode was already done in S1 Episode 5 "You Can't Go Home Again."

Starbuck crashlands on some planet and then has to use a Raider to get back to Galactica. Sharon?Boomer first shows a bit of her underlying Cylon by understanding the Raiders are alive and sort of Pets not to be abused. One more stab into the heart of the lunatic fangroup fringe's black little souls from the Original series -- said lovingly since I was in College when the original aired. I am not one of those people as I was a traitor for embracing and loving the new show as a completely different entity.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I see Kevin. I was avoiding spoilers, so I missed that!

"You Can't Go Home Again was a good episode. I didn't connected that to the 1980 episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks