What's new

Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman (1 Viewer)

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
It's premature at this point, I would say, to assume that the OAR is 1.78:1 just because it was animated that way
Why would Warners would go to all that expense in animating a 1.78:1 frame and then claim its correct aspect ratio is 4:3? This is not like a live action series. There is real time and expense in animating the extra part of the frame.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I had this on my birthday list. Looks like I'll have to remove it now (because of the aspect ratio).

I also hope that all MAR animated product from the studio will be revisited in OAR and 16x9 formatted, and of course each and every episode of Justice League should be so presented.
I read somewhere (toonzone, I think) that the first season of Justice League was animated at 4:3, protected for 16:9, and season two was animated at 16:9. (I don't have cable, so I've only seen the first episode of JL on DVD.)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Why would Warners would go to all that expense in animating a 1.78:1 frame and then claim its correct aspect ratio is 4:3?
Why would Warner go to all that expense in animating a 1.33:1 frame for Return of the Joker and Justice League if their correct aspect ratio is 1.78:1?

Cliff C

Grip
Has anyone else had a hard time trying to find this in Vancouver? I can't seem to find it at either Futureshop or A&B Sound.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
I inadvertently recorded both the earlier broadcast of Justice League and the later showing as well this past Saturday. The later showing was presented widescreen, the earlier was not. This was the first time I was able to compare the two versions, and the full screen version was definitely cropped at the sides. The opening shot of Superman's chest "S" logo was an easy shot to compare.

I believe the first season was matted at the top and bottom for their widescreen broadcasts, but as Jeff mentioned, this second season is definitely filmed 16x9.

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
As a further update, David mentioned earlier that the potential release (and thus a potential change of heart by the studio) of Batman: The Animated Series boxed sets was a piece of news he had not brought to the forum, but I couldn't recall where I'd read it. The thread has just been reactivated, however, and I see now that it was Patrick McCart who brought the news to our attention:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=150712

Here's hoping these and boxed sets of Batman Beyond and the Superman animated series come to pass. Justice League would also, as mentioned earlier, prove an obvious and welcome follow-up, and that series should, of course, be released in 16x9 formatted widescreen; I wouldn't buy it as MAR. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks