What's new

Back To The Future W/S Framing Issues Here- (1 Viewer)

AdamD

Auditioning
Cheers! I'll be ringing up the number in that thread tomorrow, hopefully, t'will be a painless process.
Ppl on this board are so helpful. I'm very grateful. You need a, being helpful award. Hold on.
*minute later* (yes i'm very bored)

Tada! Hope you're proud of your new award. Wear it with pride.
Ta again, -Adam.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Thanks for these screenshots, Adam. The corrected version is shaping up to look very good. Is it just me, or is the misframed version actually zoomed in in addition to being incorrectly matted?

AdamD

Auditioning
I'm sure it was zoomed in. Anyway, rang the UK number today, this highly excited woman first asked me "Are you a shop?" (.... no i'm not a shop) and then told me i had to write in, with time/place of purchase, a receipt (if possible, it wasn't necessary) and they'd "put me on file" and notify me about what to do about replacing them when the discs were ready. apparently they were meant to be ready this month but it doesn't look likely. (think i should be posting this in the other UK thread. will put it in both anyway.)

-Adam

(PS.... wow, 2 fighter jets jus flew over my house. fun.)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
By looking at those screen shots, it does appear that the "bad" version is zoomed. Compare the size of the bricks.
But the 2 shots aren't from the same exact time...the top of the Mr. Fusion in the 'bad' frame is in line with Docs lips, but in the 'good' frame it's above his lips.
Although, considering how close these 2 frames really are, I doubt that the camera zoomed in that much during shooting so it was most likely a zoom in post.
and
p.s. OH MY GOD! The new framing reveals that Jennifer is in the scene!!!!! ;)

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Ok so heres my question, the first frame in the comparisons, is that Open Format, or is that the Pan&Scan Frame from the old videos/TV releases?

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
ok just wanted to clarify, so when they did the original full screen VHS & following TV release were they showing it open matte then as well?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,
Guido, an email buddy of mine, has put together two pages of screenshots comparing the misframed and corrected DVDs. In the case of BTTF2, the comparison also includes a third set of screenshots from the UK Widescreen VHS. For anybody who's interested, they can be found here:
BTTF2
BTTF3
Cheers,
Chris

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Oddly, going off that, there seem to be minor differences in the framing of almost every shot. Only the couple scenes everyone's talked about are noticeable without a side-by-side, though.

Ben Rockwell

Agent
I just found my envelope to send these discs back, and I was curious if anyone could validate the claims that the video quality on the "corrected" discs is not as good as the quality on the "uncorrected" discs. I searched for answers, but I couldn't find any concrete answers. BTW, I looked at that comparison link, but teh screencaps were difficult to judge other than the obvious framing issues. Thanks in advance for any info.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Ben, FWIW, I thought both releases looked superb...
Part 3 is a tad oversaturated, but that was the case in the misframed version too... Just turn the color down a couple of clicks...
:) Dave

Michael Douglas

Stunt Coordinator
Hi there. This is my first post here, and I was wondering if the problems for Back to the Future II and III have been corrected yet because I thought about buying the set from Deep Discount DVD using the USATODAY 20% off coupon (which expires today). If it hasn't been fixed yet, can we still mail away from the replacement discs?

KyleK

Second Unit
Hey Micheal,
I was just about to do the same thing, but when I put it in my shopping cart under the title it says "* This item is currently not in stock and will ship as soon as it is available. " and "You will not be billed for pre-orders or out of stock items until your order is shipped." So there is a good chance it won't work, because I'm pretty sure DDD's coupons are only good for items in stock. In fact, here's what they say about the code DVDSALE: "*Offer valid on currently available DVD's only. Coupons do not apply to orders for pre-release DVD's." You could take that to mean it doesn't work with ANY DVDs they don't have right now, or it could jst mean pre-orders.
I might try it though. If it works I'll post later.
Kyle:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks