What's new

back after a long hiatus (1 Viewer)

Jason_Gibson

Auditioning
Howdy all. Several years ago, I was a regular here, but life's twists and turns have taken me other places with my spare time. Have never lost my love for home theatre, and have instilled it in my kids too. When we moved from our place in 2010, where I had done my first projector setup, our kids (then 5 and 8) really missed the big screen. They were quite happy when we finished the basement in our current house a couple of years ago and put in another projector. I am now, and will always likely be a middle of the road kinda guy with my equipment (basic 1080p Epson projector, KEF speakers, and my most recent acquisition of an Onkyo TX-NR676 to replace my aging TX-SR805). Recently broke down and went through my old cable box to sort for recycling... box full of various composite, components, s-video and other analogs are set to depart... things have changed a little in the past 10 years.

Life is all about balance... so just have to find time to balance out all my obsessions, including my family, fly fishing, drumming, and home theatre. I need to retire so I have more space in my life :)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Howdy all. Several years ago, I was a regular here, but life's twists and turns have taken me other places with my spare time. Have never lost my love for home theatre, and have instilled it in my kids too. When we moved from our place in 2010, where I had done my first projector setup, our kids (then 5 and 8) really missed the big screen. They were quite happy when we finished the basement in our current house a couple of years ago and put in another projector. I am now, and will always likely be a middle of the road kinda guy with my equipment (basic 1080p Epson projector, KEF speakers, and my most recent acquisition of an Onkyo TX-NR676 to replace my aging TX-SR805). Recently broke down and went through my old cable box to sort for recycling... box full of various composite, components, s-video and other analogs are set to depart... things have changed a little in the past 10 years.

Life is all about balance... so just have to find time to balance out all my obsessions, including my family, fly fishing, drumming, and home theatre. I need to retire so I have more space in my life :)

Welcome back, Jason!!! - I completely identify with your comments above. I [except for the fly fishing - substitute motorcycling :) ] could probably have written them myself. I discovered Home Theater Forum way back in 2001 while building my first major dedicated room. Soon after that I met my future wife and had to reorganize my priorities but my love for Home Theater never diminished and the quality of this forum only increased during my absence.

When we bought our current home a couple of years ago I needed to build a new Theater Room and once again came here where I received expert guidance and support. From that point on I resolved to not only be more involved but also to become a Supporter. I've received a lot here over the years and still do. Now it's my turn to pass it on and keep our hobby thriving. If you explore, you'll discover we actually discuss a lot more than Home Theater, even though that's our overriding theme and what [initially at least] brings us together. Pretty cool!!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Welcome back!

I agree, balance can be tricky. I’m only recently married and no children to speak of, but just balancing work, married life, friends and family, and this hobby, can take a little effort, and it’s something I’m always working on improving. There aren’t enough hours in the day sometimes!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks