What's new

B.J. AND THE BEAR (4 Viewers)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Originally Posted by Radioman970

The similar Dukes of Hazard is avail in full right now (and I"m slow as hell getting them).
I picked up the entire series last summer when Big Lots had the entire series for Six Bux a Season!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Hope that's true because the two guest shots of Anne Lockhart (Battlestar Galactica) are particular Grail items of mine!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P
Hope that's true because the two guest shots of Anne Lockhart (Battlestar Galactica) are particular Grail items of mine!
You read my mind ;). Anne L was a favorite of mine from the original BG series as well as in BJ and other guest roles in series' from that era. I just watched a "Knight Rider" episode with her in that one.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Originally Posted by Regulus

I picked up the entire series last summer when Big Lots had the entire series for Six Bux a Season!
Dang. Mine only had the last few seasons, including the one without Bo and Luke. I bought all they had.

Great news about BJ. I hope the music is mostly intact.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis
Quote:
You read my mind ;). Anne L was a favorite of mine from the original BG series as well as in BJ and other guest roles in series' from that era. I just watched a "Knight Rider" episode with her in that one.
She's one of my faves, too, but I believe my all-time favourite Anne Lockhart appearance is her turn in the R-rated Joyride (for two obvious reasons!)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Anne was crazy gorgeous. Very hot in BG. She could have been the female Starbuck in the original. She's quite a bit cheesy in Trolls...but who isn't? hahaha!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
An Anne guest shot is also the *only* reason why I wish the final season of "Hardy Boys" had gotten to DVD as well.

cliff mac

Insider
Extremely doubtful. The amount of music to clear on this show is outrageous.

Originally Posted by Barbara,G
I wonder if this will ever be on DVD. I don't think it ran very long.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by cliff mac
The ONLY way its coming out is if its coming out in another country.

banjo78

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
CharlieBravo
I highly doubt Greg Evigan would make something like this up. He says on his twitter account available this year, all 3 seasons, official release, sound and picture restored, including pilot, available at Best Buy.

Time will tell

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Surely TimeLife wouldn't be releasing this, would they? Seems like quite the stretch to believe that all 3 seasons would be out this year, and only something like a TimeLife release would work. It just seems to defy everything we know about dvd releases, especially the music issue. But if Evigan has said this himself (and it seems that he indeed has) I have to at least consider this more than a wild rumor.

Gary "I have no idea what to make of this development" O.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by cliff mac
Of course, Greg Evigan never said that there wouldn't be a bunch of music substitutions (and he'd probably not know anyway). Look what they did to all that '50s music on the US releases of Happy Days...

Now Blu-Ray? I find that much more unlikely (unless it's just the same as the DVD version--i.e. DVD resolution, not HD--to save disc space).

banjo78

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
CharlieBravo
"Tour of Duty" was 'raped' music wise, appallingly, so maybe this will be the case for BJ as well.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
It's good to know that things have changed,and this show will be released. I was told late last year,or early this year,that it wouldn't. I watched a random episode (Deadly Cargo) last night,on You Tube,and the music in that episode sounded like it was sung by sound alikes,or cover artists.The music should be no problem if they do it that way. Of course,I'd prefer the songs performed by the original singers,but if it meant they be included,on the DVDs,then I don't mind the cover artists. Other shows ,like Bosom Buddies and St. Elswewhere,did this for both syndication and for DVD.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Stephen Wight
It's good to know that things have changed,and this show will be released. I was told late last year,or early this year,that it wouldn't. I watched a random episode (Deadly Cargo) last night,on You Tube,and the music in that episode sounded like it was sung by sound alikes,or cover artists.The music should be no problem if they do it that way. Of course,I'd prefer the songs performed by the original singers,but if it meant they be included,on the DVDs,then I don't mind the cover artists. Other shows ,like Bosom Buddies and St. Elswewhere,did this for both syndication and for DVD.

Who sings the songs has no bearing on the costs to license it. The money is paid to the PUBLISHER, not the artist. Or did you think Tony Randall was the original artist on all of the songs he sung around the house that came out of the Odd Couple? You could be singing the song and it wouldn't matter. And its not a simple matter of just pulling the music out and replacing it. Replacing songs, with all of the editing that's involved is a timely and costly process itself. Not all do all of the songs have to come out, but all of the episodes need to be re-transferred from the 35mm prints. According to my sources, all that is currently available are cut for syndication masters.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers,Neil. But then again,this is a pretty contentious topic,on this forum. Of course,I know that the money is paid to the publisher. Did I say it wasn't? What I said was there was a higher chance for the music to be included on the B.J. and the Bear DVDs IF they used sound alikes or cover artists,like they used on that episode I watched(and I assume they used on other episodes of the series) and like was used For St. Elsewhere and Bosom Buddies,and other shows. And I also said that I don't care who sings the songs,as long as they're not removed.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Originally Posted by Gary OS
Surely TimeLife wouldn't be releasing this, would they? Seems like quite the stretch to believe that all 3 seasons would be out this year, and only something like a TimeLife release would work. It just seems to defy everything we know about dvd releases, especially the music issue. But if Evigan has said this himself (and it seems that he indeed has) I have to at least consider this more than a wild rumor.
That would be great if they do. Complete series releases are what this fan wants to see these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks