What's new

Audition - Now THAT’S what I call a great horror movie.... (1 Viewer)

Richard Hardbattle

Stunt Coordinator
Just bought the Hong Kong import DVD of this movie - and boy did I get more than I
bargained for...
********SLIGHT SPOLIERS BELOW**********
The first half of the film is a playful delight - a screenwriter’s wife dies, and the writer
morns for a long time, never dating. Eventually, his son talks him into meeting other
women, but he feels that he doesn’t really mix in the right circles to find his ideal
woman.
His friend, also involved in movies, decides to hold an audition, not for his new movie,
but for his friend, the writer - together they view loads of women, under the pretext of
a roll in a fake film.....
Only read below if you don’t wanna know about the amazing climax....
****MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW*******
After the selection of the girl, the film slowly goes nuts!!!!!! Massive jumps - bodies in
sacks, tongues nailed to floors, acupuncture in eyeballs, amputations by cheesewire,
dreams within dreams within flashbacks within dreams......this film rocks!!!!
The last 15 minutes are some of the most intense scenes that I have ever seen!!
“Kiri Kiri Kiri”.... eeehhh!!!
*********END SPOILERS********
It has the same sort of uneasy feeling and restraint as Ring 1 & 2, but with far, far, far
more unpleasant bits in....
It’s out now region 3, but Tartan are releasing a Region 2, enhanced spec edition next
month in the UK.
Awesome.
Rich

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Charles Bober

Stunt Coordinator
Richard,
I haven't even heard of this film. But always looking for a captivating horror flick, I will check this out per your recommendation. For me, I love the smart, intense, psychological horror flicks. Sure there's a time and place for gorefest but it's more difficult to find a more polished product.....but of course a certain amount of gore is necessary
gunfire_30_30.gif

Thanks for the tip!!!!!
------------------
DTS Laser Disc. Size Does Matter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks