What's new

Audible Component Differences...A Nousaine Story (1 Viewer)

JasonBrandon

Agent
I have been told that Linn speakers really shine when you have them actively crossed over. Has anyone heard them setup in this manner?

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member

Congrats on the little one, but I certainly disagree with this statement! :)

There *are* CD and DVD players with better DACs than receivers and pre/pros.

For example, I had an Outlaw 950. Very nice value for the money. But has Cirrus DACs. I preferred the Burr Browns in the Pioneer 47ai.

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin, I agree with you I didn't mean it as a blanket statement. Usually the receiver has better dacs. If I had a Denon 5900 I would definitely use it's dacs over just about any receiver. In my world you buy as cheap a DVD player you can get away with that still does SACD and DVD Audio. For me it's the DV 563a.

Apparently, Nousaine has totally discredited that statement with the story that started this post. I was simply restating conventional wisdom (Digital always better), it's not a necessary truth.

T.Y. to the well wishers on fatherhood. It's an older picture, I didn't mean to touch off a parenting sub-thread but hey, it's a bit part of our lives.

Maybe someone can start a thread with tips on how to keep toddlers off your speakers and out of your gear, that's where I am right now, trying to use clever diversions. Bruce is 13months and his legs are now wheels of chaos. I am also probably over-concerned with not exposing my son to loud music and movie sountracks. I wonder about the low frequency base from my sub, if it's not going harm his devloping ears in ways beyond my comprehension.

Wayde

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks