What's new

are there any people who dislike the Swan Diva speakers? (1 Viewer)

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the links, I'll take a look. I'm quite happy with my current speakers... famous last words :)

What's the point of this thread anyway? To seek out negative opinions. What's next? The "Does anyone not like SVS subwoofers thread?". Please. It's all just opinion anyway. The vast majority of folks think SVS and Divas are fantastic value for the money. What? Are you going to try and find fault to talk yourself out of taking the risk to try them? If so, maybe best to find a pair to listen to (they are out there) and not take the chance. It's a gamble anyway you look at it. But looking for negative comments doesn't accomplish anything as they can always be found. I wouldn't like it if it was aimed at Klipcsh or Paradigm or any other brand that people are wildly enthusiastic about. It's about one step up from "troll bait" as far as I'm concerned.
I get where you are coming from Barry and agree about the "it's all just opinion anyway" and "it's a gamble anyway you look at it" but I still think this is was a good thread. I'm considering Diva's myself and I don't think there is anything wrong with asking if anyone out there that doesn't like them considering the thousands of positive posts out there. A thread like this could have brought out a few Diva owners that were less than happy with them that would not normally post on the regular Diva threads for fear of getting slammed.

Besides from a few negative remarks about cosmetics (I like how they look so thats not an issue with me), I still don't see any negative posts about how they sound. So for me, this thread has been as helpful as any. Another toss in the hat for the Diva's for me so far.

I still wish that someone would do an objective review of Diva's vs. about 5-6 other highly praised speakers with both comparable priced models and those costing more. If anyone knows of anyone knows if anything like this has happened and I missed it, please point me to the link.

Robert Derouen

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
Actually there have been two other threads exactly like this one in the past 8 months. They both got less of a response than this thread has. I think asking for a little negative feedback can be a good thing and help keep things in perspective especially with products like the Divas and SVS that have such a large following of zealous admirers. This kind of constructive feedback can be done without bashing the product and this thread is a good example. Obviously by now it has been established that the Divas are everything they are said to be and then some, but like everything else, they may not be for everyone. No harm in that. I would like to add that I have followed the Diva posts since the beginning, and one of the great things about those threads is that no one has ever been flamed for criticizing them. There have been one or two obvious trollers that have been run off, but it is way more civil than what I see going on with the Outlaw stuff. The way the Forum posters and the companies owners have handled problems has only strengthened AV123's reputation in the marketplace. Diva, SVS, Outlaw etc. are basically word of mouth products that by their nature have to be better in every respect than anything else near their price point. The people behind these companies are well aware of this, and aside from the fact that they obviously care about their products and customers, it's not in their nature to leave much to complain about.
One last note about the question of user reviews. There have been many of these comparisons along the way with such speakers as Dynaudio, B&W, Paradigm, Infinity, KEF, Monsoon, NHT etc. Unfortunately they become buried in the large threads. Hey, that's a negative for the Diva! :D

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Excellent post Russ.

I wanted to mention that when you search on AVS, under the box where you enter the keyword(s), if you select the "Show Results as Posts" radio button, you will be taken to the exact post that has your keyword...very easy to find the other speakers you mentioned...

Sean

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
I got around to getting a listen...I'm not going to waste time describing going through my thoughts... I'll keep it simple.

They didnt make me regret any purchase I have made concerning speakers.

Now, its time for me to run far far away from this thread.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
John Sturge is one of the trolls I mentioned in the above post. Plus he has never heard the Divas.

Barry Barnes

Stunt Coordinator
Originally posted by John Sturge:

Ryan, I would have to say this is the wrong forum to ask this question. Go ask the fanboys of Diva at the AVSForum about this. Were not all informative about Diva since, the Diva craze doesn't extend into this fine forum.

I bet you a cookie, everyone will say Diva is better and maybe one that says B&W is better...

You've obviously have had some problem with this brand of speakers since before you ever heard them (if in fact you did hear them. Who's set did you hear?). I'd say your mind was made up long before you ever decided to give them a listen (if in fact you did). No need to troll John. If you are happy with your choice then go for it, but no need to shoot down a great product simply because you don't care for all the fan fare.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
Barry,
I don't know if this is the first time you have run into John Sturge, but don't waste your breath because he won't stick around to defend or even clarify his position. He's identified as a troll, and not even a very good one. Not like Bob who is world class. :laugh:
Besides, you should be inside unpacking those boxes.:D

Barry Barnes

Stunt Coordinator
Barry,
I don't know if this is the first time you have run into John Sturge, but don't waste your breath because he won't stick around to defend or even clarify his position. He's identified as a troll, and not even a very good one. Not like Bob who is world class.
Besides, you should be inside unpacking those boxes.
Oh. I hadn't run into him before. Sure seems to have a big problem with Divas though... I wonder why?
Anyway, yes, the Divas just got here but are still sitting on a huge pallette in the garage. I don't want to ruin what's left of my bad back by trying to uncrate them by myself. I'd be pissed if I dropped one. I thought I'd wait til my Wife gets home and we can throw out our backs together! :D

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
You're lucky man, my wife took one look and said, "You're unpacking those yourself," and walked off. It might have had something to do with the fact that I had just spent $2500.00 on speakers 4 months before or that I sorta kinda forgot to tell her they were coming. When I got home that night they were stacked in the garage. I'm suprised she let the guys unload them. They also sat there for 4 days before I got the nerve to unpack them.

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
John Sturge is one of the trolls I mentioned in the above post. Plus he has never heard the Divas.
:D
Now aren't you going to play nice Russ?
Here's a Fact:
Tolls, usually throw any chance of a well meaning discussion out the window by flaming the other person.
You, just did that.
:D

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
How about we not get into any personal battles? If you guys don't like John, just ignore him and he'll go away. Responding to his posts only encourages him.

Keeping the thread on-topic, I have to agree that the Divas to require a lot of attention to maintain their good looks. The black endcaps probably don't attract dust any more than any other object in my room, but it definitely shows up more with them. Every other week I find myself wiping them off to retain that wonderful, glossy finish.

Also, I think that the five-way binding posts could have been done a little better. Sure, they're nice and big but the hole through the post in the middle is so small, that I have a difficult time getting even a 16 gauge wire through. If you have a banana plugs or even spade connections on your speaker wire, it won't be a problem. But if you're like me and use bare wire, you have to wrap the wire around that post and tighten it. You'll still get a good connection that won't come off unless you pull it, but I always like having the wire going through that poll. It just seems more snug that way.

Walt N

Second Unit
Jeffrey, I'm using bare 12awg wire with mine and I found that the wire wouldn't go through the hole with the jumpers in place. When I took the jumpers off, put the wire through the hole, and then slid the jumpers back in place it worked fine.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
John,

You've already had a dozen chances to play, but you don't have the wits to play at all. I've let your trollish remarks go by many times in the past, but I'm tired of it now.

EOD

Hanwook_K

Stunt Coordinator
The Polk Audio LSi9 ($899) were a lot better than the Diva 2.1 I think the tweeter on the Polks does a lot better than the tweeter on the 2.1 (the same tweeter in the complete line up). The LSi9 also had great midrange.
Listen to them ... you have choices ... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks