What's new

Apple HomePod (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was at the Apple Store last night for something else and asked about repairing my HomePod. The sales associate looked it up and said the cost would be $279.00. They would not actually repair it, they’d swap it for another one. But I didn’t see how that could be done as they’d likely give me a new Homepod 2. I might as well buy a new one.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I was at the Apple Store last night for something else and asked about repairing my HomePod. The sales associate looked it up and said the cost would be $279.00. They would not actually repair it, they’d swap it for another one. But I didn’t see how that could be done as they’d likely give me a new Homepod 2. I might as well buy a new one.
You should ask if it's a like for like. I had thought about doing this right when the HP2 came out, and they quoted me the same price/service (as you say, it's a swap not a repair) and they had an HP1 in store that they were prepared to do it right there and then (and by this time the HP1 I believe had been discontinued a while).

The store may in fact have some old refurb/brown box HP1s (which is likely what you'll get, not a brand new one) for swap.

I opted not to because I was at the time looking at new speakers for the bedroom and I'm glad I held off because that money went towards other things I was after.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Carlo- that’s a good point to ask if it’s a like for like swap. I did not ask that as in my mind, I was thinking by this point that they might not have any HomePod 1 left. But that should be something I look into. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks