What's new
World Wide Stereo

anyone have a little guidance for a first time DYI HT sub.. (1 Viewer)

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
hey guys..I am an avid car audio fan and have done alot of work on my cars..I have no problem box building, fiberglassing and calculating port, box size etc..

I really just need a little guidance in the home theatre aspect of DYI subs..I was considering using a behringer ep2500 amp and possibly a tumult..I am a bass nut and want it low and loud..now my question is this..will a tumult handle the ep2500? would a passive radiator setup be in my best interest to eliminate port huff with such a large woofer? I was considering a tuning of 16-18 hz..will this be ok? as for the box I will probably do a large MDF box or possibly a sonotube..are there any other home subwoofers I should look at? I would really like to feed a pair of affordable but capable 15's rather than just 1 tumult..cost is a concern, but as to not sacrifice performance..thank you in advance to anyone who can lend their expertise to a home theatre rookie..

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Eric Eash

Second Unit
this thread will ultimately get moved, but in the meantime, congrats on your decision to go DIY, it is the way to go. what you need to do first is go and visit the DIY and Advanced projects forum here at HTF. it is by far the most informative DIY forum on the net encompassing all aspects of DIY. do lots of searches or just set your browser to the max number of thread to view and just browse. i'm not trying to sound snobby by not directly answering your question, but you'll be glad when you're done reading all the greats posts on these exact questions, which will take an extremely long time. good luck in your search.

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
thanks edward and eric..yeah I have been searching this forum for quite some time now..I think that is the reason I did not notice the DYI subforum..I did notice the subforum though after I posted..I figured the mods would move the thread if they felt the need to..

eric..I had checked out your DYI sub a few days ago while searching the forum..great job..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks