What's new
World Wide Stereo

anybody here who owns optoma hd70? (1 Viewer)

ruthplex

Auditioning
Real Name
PETER
I am thinking about upgrading into hd, I am kind of low in a budget and leaning toward to buy this pj, any feedback on this projector is greatly appreicated. And also planning to buy hd dvd (toshiba) is anyone here connected this pj to any hd dvd player? can you also give me a feedback regarding picture quality, can I use a regular dvd player with hdmi to this projector? please pardon my questions I am kind of newbie on this things.

Thanks

728x90

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I don't have the HD70, but I've been following the forums closely about it, and read reviews about it. I was pretty sure I was going to buy it until the new Mitsubishi HD1000 came out. Now I am going to buy the Mits. because it's gotten better reviews, and it's $100 cheaper. It's also a 720p DLP projector. You can use a regular DVD player with HDMI to either of these projectors.

ruthplex

Auditioning
Real Name
PETER
thank you Jim, hd70 and mits are my choices upgrading to 720p. and they have both very good reviews but I am not aware mits is $100.00 cheaper. Thanks for the info. I think that will help me decide. Honestly I am 50/50 with these two pj.

Peter

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The last time I checked the HD1000 was $899 shipped from Projectorpeople.com. They also have the best return policy that I know of, and they're an authorized Mits. dealer. If you've been following the HD70's owner threads at Avsforum.com you'd know that the HD70 needs a lot of work to get it to look right. The Mits. is much better out of the box. I plan to buy the HD1000 in the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks