What's new

Another Universal Backlot Series coming (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by FrankXS

And what about the Alan Ladd/Veronica Lake titles/All the Mitchell Leisen films/more Claudette Colbert/Fred MacMurray or Ray Millands!

Just keep up the good work Universal but maybe a little faster.

Between the Backlot series and the TCM/Universal Vault series, Universal has releases out just about every month. They are actually at the same pace as Sony. This is a good thing!

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member

This Crosby box is a surprise.

it seems that over the past decade, Universal has released a crosby collection here and there, some single titles, and they also did a great series of Crosby double features.

With this new set, I think that only leaves us nine unreleased Crosby films that universal owns.

Meanwhile, Paramount has released every Crosby they used to have on Laserdisc, except for Mr. Music. We could, with luck, eventually get all fo the Crosby musicals !!
Fox would still need to do Ssy One for Me.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
This should probably be in the Bargains thread, but I just noticed that nbcuniversalstore.com is having an excellent sale on its Universal titles and with the NBCU10 code, this set can be had for $14.38! Most other Universal titles are also here at very discounted prices, rivaling Amazon in most instances. I'd recommend checking it out.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Originally Posted by JoHud

This should probably be in the Bargains thread, but I just noticed that nbcuniversalstore.com is having an excellent sale on its Universal titles and with the NBCU10 code, this set can be had for $14.38! Most other Universal titles are also here at very discounted prices, rivaling Amazon in most instances. I'd recommend checking it out.

Thanks for the heads up!

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered the Claudette Colbert and Barbara Stanwyck collections! What a steal!

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Wow, thanks! I wasn't in a big hurry to grab this but that price is just ridiculous. Particularly when you consider it's still technically a pre-order.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Thanks for the sale info. I got the Crosby and Hope Backlots for a total of $33. Great deal. I have watched College Humor and Mississippi. I am no expert, but the prints for both look great. Mississippi has some great W.C. Fields bits. College Humor has some pre-Code (exploitation) elements. One interesting note, in College Humor, after Bing sings Learn to Croon to his class, unknown coed Mary Carlisle comes up to him, throws her arms around him, kisses him hard, and then says, "Going my way?" I wonder if Leo McCarey remembered this scene when he gave that phrase as the title of his first Father O'Malley picture.

Karl R

Stunt Coordinator

Yet another thanks for the heads-up on the Universal sale at NBCUniversal.com. Along with the Crosby & Stanwyck Backlot sets, I also grabbed a copy of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves for $7.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks