What's new

And the 2007 Universal Horror/Sci-Fi Classic Titles are... (1 Viewer)

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
John I have copies at £ 25 each if interested. You do a lot for the community so happy to help. Allow £ 3 PP on top if interested Best BRuce

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Damn - that sucks about volume 1. I'd seen in it store and thought "Oooh, nice films, but money is a bit tight. I'll get to it later." Nice to know that Best Buy doesnt want my money.

Since I was stopping to think about getting the Transformers yesterday, I took a look for both the Horror and Sci-Fi sets. They had a ton of both of 'em, so I guess stories about clerks snapping them up isnt true for ALL areas. There were like 8 of the Sci-Fi set and probably 10 of the Horror.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
ok ill get things organised in the next couple of days. EMAIL me your email address and we will take it from there.

Best Buy really are a disaster area in all respects!

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
So... no Universal classic Sci-Fi or Horror collection this year, Best Buy exclusive or otherwise?

Seems like there should have been an announcement or something by now... Halloween is fast approaching. Anybody heard anything?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Not going to happen, and neither will there be any MGM Midnight Movies Collection. We will have to do with Fox Horror Collection in Sept and Icons of Horror - The Hammer Collection from Sony. And there is also The Picture Of Dorian Gray from Warners.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
There's very little horror in the misnomered Fox set, but DRAGONWYCK is a good Gothic costume picture.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I went back and looked over the Universal releases for the 40's & 50’s and except for "Cobra Woman" (1944) and the early Paramount titles such as "Island of Lost Souls" and "The Uninvited"; they have really just about released everything that could be called Horror or Science Fiction. I would love to see these three titles released and if the two Paramount titles ever make it, then the holy grail will be found. Thank goodness I have the Laserdisc of both those titles.

I heard there was a great Technicolor print shown at the Film Forum in NY a couple of years ago of "Cobra Woman" and it was outstanding. I also was told it is in the hands of a private collector.

MGM still has a lot of titles in their AIP library that needs to get some DVD air and I hope that they soon return to part of the vault and work on them. Want to see "Invasion of the Saucer Men" bad, even as bad as the film is.

Anybody got any other titles Universal can give us?

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
"Cobra Woman" isn't generally considered to be a horror movie. There are still enough unreleased Universals to make up one or two sets. For instance, they could do a Mad Doctor set -- along with "Island of Lost Souls," they could include "The Mad Doctor of Market Street," "The Strange Case of Dr. Rx" and "The Mad Ghoul."

Some other odds and ends include "Mystery of Marie Roget," "The Spider Woman Strikes Back," "House of Horrors," "The Thing That Couldn't Die" and some others I'm forgetting at the moment.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
What I want to see most from Universal is a collection of their "Paramount Studios" horrors, namely (especially the titles in bold):

ISLAND OF LOST SOULS (1932)
MURDERS IN THE ZOO (1933)
TERROR ABOARD (1933)
SUPERNATURAL (1933)
MURDER BY THE CLOCK (1931)
DOUBLE DOOR (1934)
MENACE (1934)
AMONG THE LIVING (1941)
THE MONSTER AND THE GIRL (1941)
THE UNINVITED (1944)
THE UNSEEN (1945)
THE MAN IN HALF-MOON STREET (1945)

Universal has some 1960s horrors that could use an R1 release:

SHADOW OF THE CAT (1961)
THE NIGHT WALKER (1964)
DARK INTRUDER (1965)
ISLAND OF TERROR (1966)
THE PROJECTED MAN (1967)
EYE OF THE CAT (1969)

--as well as some classic, spooky made-for-TV movies:

FEAR NO EVIL (1969)
RITUAL OF EVIL (1970)
DEADLY DREAM (1971)
THE DEVIL AND MISS SARAH (1971)
THE SCREAMING WOMAN (1972)
SCREAM, PRETTY PEGGY (1973)
HOUSE OF EVIL (1974)
KILLDOZER (1974)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Everyone is a great title. Thanks for jogging my memory on some of these. I would guess the Universal could not treat their Paramount library and worse and now they have moved past Lionsgate since they are at least releasing one or two Republics a month now.

Peter if you don't mind I am going to make a list of your wants and keep them in hopes someday we can cross most of them off.

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John

Yeah, the other two Jungle Women films the BLUE ROOM films, Mystery of Edwin Drood, and they could sneak in Paramount's THE MAD DOCTOR in the Doctor package. I think it is a miracle we got HORROR ISLAND, SHE WOLF OF LONDON, etc.

I would love to have all those Montez technicolor joys released in a box set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks