What's new

And the 2007 Universal Horror/Sci-Fi Classic Titles are... (1 Viewer)

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
The links don't work but the titles ARE up there. Search by week -- the Horror Archive is in the 10/2 listings, the Sci-Fi V2 in the 9/11 listings.

I just preordered the Horror Archive...sure beats having to drive there and go through the hassle of the other day again :)

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
Given that the sci-fi srt is now in the 9/11 week listing and the horror one up for pre-order, sounds like it was more of a ....up than deliberate marketing ploys!

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Wow, I tried re-posing the links to the BB product pages, but they don't seem to last as working links for more than a minute or so. That being the case, just pop these titles in BEST BUY's product search engine, for better results:

"Classic Sci Fi V2 CL Bx"

for the just-released SCI-FI VOL. 2 set

and

"Univ Horror Classic Movie Arch B"

for the upcoming (10/2/07) UNIVERSAL HORROR - CLASSIC MOVIE ARCHIVE set

Cheers!

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Today my local BB (Bowie, MD) had around 12 copies in the Sci Fi section under "C." I bought one copy and am about to watch Dr. Cyclops.

Have fun,
Doug

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
I watched Dr. Cyclops and have watched about half of Cult of the Cobra. I don't think I'd seen either of these, but my wife remembered Dr. Cyclops.

I think they did a wonderful job on the transfers. I'm guessing they started w/ pretty good copies, because they're completely stable and clean. the color and contrast look excellent. I'll need to pull out volume 1 to check, but I believe these look better than the first set. Also, the sound is pretty good. I could really enjoy the orchestration in Dr. Cyclops.

Regards,
Doug

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

BEST BUY online does have The Univ. Horror Classic Movie Arch B for pre-sale on thier website. I ordered it so I did not have to run around town looking for it like the recent SCI-FI set. You could find it just by going to the week of Oct 2 releases and scroll through the pages to "U".

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I ordered my copy from Best Buy's website last week and got it on Monday. Took longer than Amazon takes to arrive but set was in perfect condition. So far I've watched Dr. Cyclops and Cult of the Cobra. Both movies looked great and I thoroughly enjoyed them. I'd like to see more Vol.s but hopefully not exclusives and so hard to find

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Cult of the Cobra looked and sounded great, but it was pretty dull, IMO. It was nice to see Faith Domergue - I'd only previously seen her in This Island Earth. It was also nice to see other familiar faces like David Janssen.

I'm just wondering: why was it on the Sci-Fi set, instead of Horror? It's not Sci-Fi at all.

Doug

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Univ Horror Classic Movie Arch B"

for the upcoming (10/2/07) UNIVERSAL HORROR - CLASSIC MOVIE ARCHIVE set

I Just got confirmation from Best Buy. This is shipping to me today.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
same for me with the horror set. This will sell out soon....

I see the SCI FI set is already completely sold out!!! No more available on the Best Buy Website...

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Saved $2.00 by buying this online at $17.99 and picking it up at the store just now. They had about 5 copies on the shelf in the horror section under the letter U.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
I got the horror set for $17.99 in store today, also. They had a lot more of these on hand for release day than the sci-Fi #2 set, probably twice as many.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Picked up my copy this morning at Best Buy. The store in Danbury, CT had received 28 copies. I actually had a good employee who knew about the title and where it was.

I am just now starting to look over the films and so far I am not disappointed in any of the transfers.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

I'm learning to purchase titles like this online. It is easier than driving around town looking for it. My copy arrived today. Looks like another fun set from Universal. I really do not understand why Universal chooses to make these sets BEST BUY Exclusives. They would sell more if they offered it to everyone to sell. Most people probably don't even know these sets were produced because they may not see message boards or shop Best Buy.

bobraleigh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
bob
i picked this up yesterday and they had plenty in stock, they also had about

20 sci fi #2 sets still in stock. were low on the plush dolls for jungle book tho:)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm spitting blood over these sets, as I expect a few of us outside the States are.

A 'Best Buy' exclusive that's also available via Fleabay and Amazon Marketplace, and at a mark-up via the scalpers, plus a hefty overseas postal charge. I want both sets, but I won't do it dammit! It's not...right.

It doesn't even look as if either set will end up being available through Amazon itself, as Vol. 1 of the Sci-fi set was for a short time (and which is how I ended up with that).

Not good, Universal, not good at all.

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
Creepy have sold out of the Sci-Fi set now...plenty on Amazon though.

It's also Sold Out at Best Buy, I suspect they won't be restocking it this time round.

JimWICKS

Grip
I've received a defective pressing of Universal Horror Classic Movie Archive.
Captive Wild Woman will not play on the first three chapters without freezing up. This collection is now sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks