What's new

Anchor Bay (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Any hope they will release Silk Stalkings Seasons 6-8 ?? After that comes out With the exception of Dallas I'll have all the series' I want completed

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No hope whatsoever. Sales were way too poor on the most recent releases. I heard from a retail source that AB "lost their (silk) shirts on those sets". :)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Do they still hold the license to this show, Renegade and whatever else did not sale to expectations? When could someone else pick them up.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yep They Had Rob Estes and Mitzi Kapture (Chris/Rita) for 4&1/2 seasons Tyler Layton And Nick Kokotakis (Holly/Michael) for 1/2 season and Chris Potter and Janet Gunn (Tom/Cassie) for 3 more seasons. The Transition from Holly/Michael to Tom/Cassie was never explained on screen which was a disappointment to me. Especially since Captain Lipschitz Asked Tom if he ever met Chris Lorenzo in one of the later eps. The show started in 1991 and ran through 1999 and at this point seasons 1-5 are out but 6-8 aren't and since Dave is always on point in these matters I guess I will suffer my first incomplete Series

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well Since Anchor Bay isn't going to release the rest of Silk, any chance another Studio might gain the DVD rights and release the rest of it?? What about Universal ?? I believe USA Network is owned by Universal right? And Silk was originally Broadcast there after USA bought the rights from CBS if I have my history right

David Levine

Supporting Actor

Very unlikely. It just didn't do nearly well enough, and had such dropoff between seasons that even a small company isn't going to make any money licensing the remaining seasons.

As for Universal, the sales numbers fall well below what they would deem worthwhile.

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
I'm not really surprised by the poor sales for this show. It was by no means great TV, but quite entertaining. You could easily miss it for a couple of weeks and still enjoy it once in a while. The exits of Rob Estes and Mitzi Kapture were much better written than I would have expected from that show and I think they should have ended it then, on a high note. Going on without them was when the show jumped the shark, IMHO.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Not only that, but after Holly and Michael were cut, the show basically ditched its history and some of its suppporting players like William Anton (DA George Donovan) Raye Birk (Atikus Dunn) and like I said before, where were the explanations of Holly and Michael's exits? Did Michael go back to Chicago? Did Holly get her Law Degree and ditch the Palm Beach PD What about Rita? Did she have the baby?? You would think they would have explained some of that since Harry and Fran were the Baby's god parents ...Poorly done indeed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks