What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Press Release: Mad City (1997) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
379439148_716013743897642_7174136587712439334_n.jpg

Coming to Blu-ray October 31st

NEW 2023 1080p HD Master from 4K Scan of Original Camera Negative!
MAD CITY (1997)
Run Time: 115 Minutes
Subtitles: ENGLISH SDH
Audio Specs: DTS HD-MA 5.1 Surround
Aspect Ratio 16x9 2.39:1 Letterbox
Product color: Color
Disc Configuration-BD 50
Includes the Original Theatrical Trailer
Cast: Dustin Hoffman, John Travolta, Alan Alda

Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta team up with award-winning filmmaker Costa-Gavras (Z, Missing) in a fierce tale of ratings-driven TV news gone mad. Travolta is Sam, a misguided museum guard who loses his job, then tries to get it back…at gunpoint. Hoffman is Max. a local TV reporter taken hostage with schoolchildren when Sam locks down the museum. It is a desperate move for Sam, a career move for Max. He is on the inside of a live exclusive. Now he must give Sam’s story a heroic spin, keep a cynical network anchor (Alan Alda) at bay, and keep America watching. As Max pulls the strings, the stakes grow higher, darker, madder.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I saw this movie when it was in the theater...and completely forgot it even existed until I saw this announcement.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'd much rather have had WAG THE DOG, a movie with a similar news-spin-related plot, but with a much more potent angle and better writing. It, too, is a film held by Warner Bros. Stars Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro, and directed by Barry Levinson. So much more relevant now than when it was made. Oh, and, it has a music score by Mark Knopfler.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I'd much rather have had WAG THE DOG, a movie with a similar news-spin-related plot, but with a much more potent angle and better writing. It, too, is a film held by Warner Bros. Stars Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro, and directed by Barry Levinson. So much more relevant now than when it was made. Oh, and, it has a music score by Mark Knopfler.
Yes Wag The Dog is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks