What's new

Silk stalkings (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Silk Stalkings the complete series is being released through VEI. It’s a DVD release. I’ll get it as I suspect that the discs will be single sided. Some of the Anchor Bay season releases were flippers. List price $39.99. Mill Creek released seasons 6, 7 and 8 originally and the quality of the prints was terrible imo

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I haven’t seen this series since it originally aired and missed out on the long out of print Anchor Bay sets. So I am in for this complete set. I mostly checked out after Kapture and Estes left the series, so most of the episodes in those later seasons will be new to me. I never bought the Mill Creek set of the last 3 years since I didn’t want to only have those later episodes and not those in its prime.

Thanks for the heads up, John. Not a release I was expecting, but a nice surprise.

Last edited:

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Has anyone tried to pre order he set through VEI yet?

I just preordered it a few minutes ago through VEI. I don’t normally preorder, but they were also having a 15% off Christmas sale on select items. So while the sale didn’t include SS, in addition to preordering it I was able to catch up and order the Blu-ray of Wiseguy and the DVDs of McCloud and The Commish. I couldn’t find a release date for SS but I imagine (hope) it’s not too far off.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I pre ordered last night. Hope the packaging isn’t like that book style. With discs stacked overlapping each other. I remember mill creek was really cheap when they packaged season 6-8 they put each disc in cd envelopes in a plastic case

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I haven’t seen this series since it originally aired and missed out on the long out of print Anchor Bay sets. So I am in for this complete set. I mostly checked out after Kapture and Estes left the series, so most of the episodes in those later seasons will be new to me. I never bought the Mill Creek set of the last 3 years since I didn’t want to only have those later episodes and not those in its prime.

Thanks for the heads up, John. Not a release I was expecting, but a nice surprise.

Estes and Kapture (or should I say "Sammy and Sammy"?) really had some great chemistry. Made the series an enjoyable watch. To be honest, I can't even remember if I ever saw any episodes after the recast.

That said, I find myself oddly uniterested in visiting the show again. Too many other things to spend my time on.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Estes and Kapture (or should I say "Sammy and Sammy"?) really had some great chemistry. Made the series an enjoyable watch. To be honest, I can't even remember if I ever saw any episodes after the recast.

The Show actually recast the leads twice. As I remember, Estes was ready to leave to do other things(and almost left at the end of Season 3) and Kapture left to concentrate on her family as she was pregnant at the time of the Fifth Season. Estes said in an interview he opted to have Chris Killed off in 1995 which paved the way for Nick Kokatakis to come in as Micheal Price. Kapture Left when Rita also resigned from the Palm Beach PD allowing Tyler Layton to come in full-time as Holly Rollins. Price and Rollins were replaced after a half season and Never mentioned again. Janet Gunn (Kassie) And Chris Potter (Tom) were the leads for Seasons 6-8. I never quite bought into them. So, I haven't seen much of the last 3 seasons even though I bought the Mill creek release of them.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
The Show actually recast the leads twice. As I remember, Estes was ready to leave to do other things(and almost left at the end of Season 3) and Kapture left to concentrate on her family as she was pregnant at the time of the Fifth Season. Estes said in an interview he opted to have Chris Killed off in 1995 which paved the way for Nick Kokatakis to come in as Micheal Price. Kapture Left when Rita also resigned from the Palm Beach PD allowing Tyler Layton to come in full-time as Holly Rollins. Price and Rollins were replaced after a half season and Never mentioned again. Janet Gunn (Kassie) And Chris Potter (Tom) were the leads for Seasons 6-8. I never quite bought into them. So, I haven't seen much of the last 3 seasons even though I bought the Mill creek release of them.

I don't recall having seen any episodes with Price and Rollins. I think I might've seen an episode or two with Gunn & Potter.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
In an alternate universe where this was released 15-20 years ago AND if I was paying attention to dvd, this might have been a first day buy or preorder for me.

Today, I dunno anymore.

(IIRC, the old Anchor Bay season sets were around $30 a pop back in the mid-late 2000s. At least at the bookstores and/or record stores I shopped at in those days).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Mill Creek released seasons 6, 7 and 8 originally and the quality of the prints was terrible imo

I only ever had one of the early Anchor Bay dvd releases which only had a few episodes. The video quality was very lousy, and looked like it was a 1990s production that was edited on digital videotape. (The cadence of the telecine was constantly changing, which suggests it was edited with standard broadcast ntsc video in mind).

I suspect this upcoming complete series dvd release will likely look the same, if Cannell's estate never did an hd restoration.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I don't recall having seen any episodes with Price and Rollins. I think I might've seen an episode or two with Gunn & Potter.

I was frequently watching the gunn/potter episodes back in the day, where the price/rollins episodes were mixed in during reruns.

I didn't see many of the kapture/estes episodes in reruns at the time. Back in the early 1990s, I only ever saw a few first-run episodes. (No reruns at the time). I didn't think much of it at the time.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I just preordered it a few minutes ago through VEI. I don’t normally preorder, but they were also having a 15% off Christmas sale on select items. So while the sale didn’t include SS, in addition to preordering it I was able to catch up and order the Blu-ray of Wiseguy and the DVDs of McCloud and The Commish. I couldn’t find a release date for SS but I imagine (hope) it’s not too far off.

I suppose the official release date is this week because yesterday afternoon I received an email from VEI letting me know that all 4 of the items in my order, including my SS preorder, have now shipped.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
IMG_6070.JPG
IMG_6075.JPG

Discs containing 6 episodes at 40 some minutes the quality is pretty decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks