What's new

Amp/Speaker Help (1 Viewer)

ShawnK

Grip
Hi, I need to power my rear surrounds with an extra amp. Is any old cheap amp good? I don't need a lot of power so I'm not concerned about wattage but will it affect quality?

What is best for a 6.1 setup though? A rear center or a pair (monopoles/bipoles/dipoles?)? Or is this a purely subjective thing?

Plus, the pre-outs on my receiver for the rear surround channel is R and L. If I wanted to have a rear center, how would I go about hooking this up?

Thanks for your time and help, this place is awesome.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
I use a Pioneer Elite M-10X to drive the rear channels. It is triggered by my receiver (also Pioneer). I would not recommend going cheap, instead I would try to match the receiver quality as closely as possible. On the other hand it doesn't make a lot of sense to use a mega-buck amp mated to a $300 receiver just for the rear channels.

Regarding connecting a rear center channel only, the onnections will vary from 1 receiver to the next. You need to let us know which receiver you own before anyone can help withthat one.

If you are going to make the investment in an Amp just for the rear channels, you might as well go all the way and use both rear channels (7.1) instead of just a rear center (6.1)
Just my $.02

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks