What's new

American Idol - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer

Carrie Underwood was obvious, too. Simon called it way early and she won. David's a lock if he does well each week. Brooke is my pick for the finals against him.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
In addition to Carrie, Reuben and Fantasia were obvious from the get go.

Unless the voters sour on David's personality, I can't see anyone else putting up much of a fight.

That said, my last two picks at this stage were Paris and LaKisha. However, they were really done in by inconsistency, but I am getting the feeling that David is so seasoned that he would never do worse than he did on Tuesday. Which is scary for the competition.

If you look at the DialIdol results, David is absolutely crushing the competition. There would have to be a lot of people jumping off of that bandwagon for him to lose.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The problem I have with David A. is the wheezing noise his throat makes every time he takes a breath. I know it's probably a result of the medical issues he had, but damn it annoys the hell out of me to listen to. Once I noticed it, it now jumps out at me every time he sings or talks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, not all that surprising (the final 12) given the performances from the past 2 nights, but Danny could have tortured Simon week after week if he was able to make it, but it didn't happen.

I think even Amanda knows what sort of average singer she is, she had very little emotion about being pushed through to the top 12.

RickGr

Second Unit
I am really looking forward to next weeks show. After all these years they finally got a Beatles night.

It will be interesting to see what Lennon/McCartney songs they do next week. I am sure someone will sing the ones that are done all the time ala Yesterday, Let It Be and so forth but I hope a few dig a bit deeper into the Beatle cataloug.
Amanda could do a good job on OH DARLING or ANYTIME AT ALL. I could see Brook with her guitar singing I'll FOLLOW THE SUN.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Dunno, but it's defintely the first with the same 3 first names.

David
David
David

BTW, I never even noticed that there are two Cooks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Um. . .maybe to you. :) I don't remember Fantasia's season too well, but the choice between Reuben and Clay was far from obvious. Carrie had good competition from Bo (if not as good as Reuben got from Clay).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Clay and Bo were competition, but if you look back from the beginning, Reuben and Carrie were definitely the front runners from before the top twelve and Bo and Clay came on later on (Clay wasn't even voted through by viewers -- he was a judge's wild card). Regardless how close the votes got (and it was only really close between Reuben and Clay), if you pegged Reuben or Carrie to win before they even got to a top 12, you would have been right.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Biting tongue hard to suppress the urge to blurt out a "spoil the broth" reference.

:laugh: :laugh:

BTW, after checking things out (rather) carefully I didn't find any mention of the exact order of finish for 16,15,14 and 13 so for purposes of our Top Ten Challenge, each evictee got 14.5 points last night (the average of the four positions).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Do you want to have it Kady and Luke as 15 and Danny and Asia'h as 13 each? Only because Kady and Luke were a) locks to go home even 2 weeks ago and b) were the first ones booted.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

While I see your point, without the actual vote totals we can't assume that this is the way that it played out, Hanson. We all know that the producers manipulate the elimination shows for maximum effect and the fact that Kady and Luke were announced first doesn't necessarily mean they got the fewest votes. Just about everyone expected them to go so it probably heightened the "suspense" to announce the obvious first. (BTW, if I had scored it as you suggested then the scores would have been 15.5 for Kady and Luke and 13.5 for Danny Boy and Asia'h to keep consistent with the idea that 16+15+14+13=58 for scoring purposes.)

To me the fairest way, in the absence of hard data, is to assign 14.5 points to each of the four. All entrants in the contest are treated the same way so there's no real advantage. If anything, I'm penalizing myself (although I'm only in this for the glory, not the prize) since I lost Asia'h last night. In my system I get 14.5 points and in yours I would get 13 or 13.5 so my decision is certainly not based on any personal bias.

It's tough to be judge, but someone's got to do it!

:laugh: :laugh:

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
The one thing I really hate about Danny going home last night, aside from the fact that I actually like him find him to be far less boring than most of the contestants is the fact that Chikeze will probably be the first of the Top 12 to go home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks