What's new

Amazing Race on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Don't forget that for those that can't wait for the DVD, GSN will be showing all 8 seasons of The Amazing Race every night at 9pm and repeated at 12am, starting June 11.

Andy

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Nice, very similar in a way to the Survivor art, except the teams are all on the bottom for TAR. Also no Phil on the cover, but neither is Jeff P. on the Survivor set.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The only thing I don't like about the cover is the cars picture in the top right...it looks out of place.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I just heard they are releasing The Amazing Race: S1 then season 7. That interesting but let's see how is works out. Where the other seasons 2 - 6?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Probably the same deal as the Law & Order shows: Release the seasons in order, but also release the most recent one while it's fairly fresh in the audience's mind.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
They could also release it like Survivor, based on the seasons that CBS thinks are more popular with the fan base.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm a little disappointed as TAR7 is the only season I've seen so far so I was hoping to see an earlier season (even season 5, which is supposedly pretty popular)...but any TAR release is going to be good.

bronwyn

Auditioning
Does anyone know of a release date and the cost for Australia?Any information would be appreciated.:laugh:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I haven't picked up the TAR7 release since I might be getting it for Christmas, but if anyone has, any reviews?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I read on Sucks that it's two double-slims this time. Which is fine by me; the more shelf space I save the better.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Any news of further releases? I've noticed that Survivor continues to have more releases, but it has been a long time for TAR.

How were sales for the previous releases? Were they good enough for another season?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I spoke to one of the co-creators and was told they haven't done anything else for the show. I don't think the sales were that great or we would have seen something else by now, or at least something would have been started.

Gord

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
That's too bad.

I really loved both of "The Amazing Race" sets that I purchased last year and enjoyed the "side trips" deleted scenes feature, enjoyed the commentaries and loved being able to revisit the show.

Maybe someday they'll return to the concept of releasing further seasons on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks