What's new

Amazing Race on DVD? (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
That's a shame. I was told that they still hope to release them all, but I've doubted it would happen for a while now.

They should utilize customdisc.com or something and sell them exclusively online.

Jim-M

Second Unit
I have the two seasons of TAR that are on DVD and I find them very rewatchable. I don't listen to commentaries on other DVDs I have, but I make a point of listening to the ones on the TAR discs. Too bad there are no plans for other seasons.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
That is really too bad. This is one of the few DVD sets where I actually watch the extras. And this coming from someone who doesn't really care for extras.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:thumbsdown: That is too bad. We are big Surivivor fans in my household who recently got turned on to the Amazing Race. We thoroughly enjoyed Season 1 and have been patiently waiting for subsequent sets to be released. We saw Season 7 when it aired (and other recent seasons). We now may have to pick S7 up to get a "fix".

We would LOVE to see the earlier seasons released.

The release sequence for Survivor is also pretty darn screwy.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Is there any chance that Paramount could license this to another company? Maybe Shout! Factory?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure I'm just going to be disappointed, but any news on forthcoming releases? I'll even buy the Family Edition...

Josh_HI

Second Unit
YAY! This is fantastic news! I was wondering if I should tape All stars because I know it's going to be good. But now that I hear they are coming back out on dvd.. I'm sure All Stars won't be far behind..

So happy AR is coming back to dvd!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Bad news: Gord told me that Phil was mistaken. It's so irritating that they aren't even attempting to do anything to save the show on DVD--lease it out to another company, actually advertise the sets during the show, even a higher price point.

Especially since season 2 was the best one. And we haven't heard anything about Survivor yet either. Damn, I hate Paramount. I wish they actually had a customer service department that actually did their job.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
No....that's not what I said:

I'm still going to ask around and see if anything else is coming.

Gord

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Possible good news?

From an interview over at TARFlies with Kevin and Drew:

I'll agree with Tribefan here (although season 2 > all ;) ) but All Stars is better than nothing. I really hope this is true.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I hope so too.

But I'll hold off on the excitement until TVShowsOnDVD reports it.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
i hope he is right... all stars has been one of the best seasons IMO! SO MUCH BETTER than Survivor and Big Brothers AS seasons... Here's hoping they release all stars and every other season 2 and up afterwwards!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Thanks anyway, Gord.

This is getting very annoying...I can't imagine that they sold so poorly considering all the demand I've seen for them. Then again, it's not like CBS did any real promotion for them.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
"The Amazing Race" is likely my favorite show on TV (yes, I know, strong words for reality fare)

But I LOVE the show...and I have really enjoyed the two releases that I currently own on DVD.

It is about more than the competition. My wife and I like to travel, and it is fun seeing all of the different locales around the world featured each season.

Unfortunately, seasons 1 and 7 were released around the time when TAR: Family Edition aired. That was one of the least popular seasons of the show.

You can count me as someone who'd purchase all of the seasons if they were released. I absolutely love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks