What's new

Amazing Race on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jason Dixon

Agent
i'm a fan of survivor but i don't watch apprentice and i say, AMAZING RACE IS WAYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN BOTH!! it has way more intense action, and keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time. last nights episode was pretty good, but they are sure to get better. i'll be buying the set on the first day of realease

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Like Jon said, Tuesday's episode felt a little dragged out, the regular one-hour episodes are usually more fast paced. Sometimes you don't realize how intense the show gets until you let go of that breath you've been holding for the last 15 minutes. :)

Anthony, go for the S1 set, you won't be disappointed. I also hope Paramount would consider moving up the S1 release date to May, to coincide with the TAR7 finale, that could really help boost sales.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Digital Bits reported on 3/18:

Have you gotten any confirmation on this, Dave and Gord?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

Ditto for me. I never bothered to check out the show before, but once I heard Rob & Amber from Survivor were involved, I figured it was worth a look. I can honestly say now that I'm crazy for not getting into this show sooner. It's excellent. I can't get over how faced paced everything is. It's impossible to get bored watching it.......well for me anyway. I'll definitely pick up the first season upon release. Now that I've had a taste of this show, I can't wait to check out the previous seasons for the first time. Bring'em on!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I'm still hoping for June 7 too, I would think that an announcement would come any day if that's going to be the release date.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
:frowning: at the new report. I was really looking forward to seeing this for the first time.

But I guess it is smarter in terms of promotion.

Jason Dixon

Agent
i just saw the news, and it sucks. i was so psyched for a june 7 release, but now i guess i have to wait till september. makes sense though with the promotion and everything.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Please remember that the June 7th date was something we got from retail people, not from the studio directly, and we posted a nice big disclaimer saying that the date may change (which it did).

Gord

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Although I would have loved June, but September does makes more sense promotion-wise, it will give them a whole season of TAR8 to cross-promote it with, and maybe they can beef up the extra features with the extra time. Also, rumor at the Survivor Sucks TAR forum is that Rob and Brennan are doing commentary.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks for the link Anthony, sounds this set is going to have lots of great extras, and the possible seamless branching sounds very cool too, I hope this set sells well!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks Anthony, good news that they might be working on another TAR DVD release already. Although I'd rather it be in order, I can see them releasing TAR7 earlier like they did with Survivor: All Stars.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
TVShowsOnDVD.com has the details from the Season One announcement, the release date is now 9/27, looks we're getting a lot of bonus footage and four audio commentaries, sounds like it's going to be a great set, can't wait to see the cover art too.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
This is going to be great. I only began watching with the past season, so I'm really looking forward to catching up. And that's an excellent price too; I thought it was going to be the same price as the Survivor sets, although I guess since it has less discs, they reduced the price.

As for the All Access Pass, I hope that if it is integrated into the episodes, they give you an option to watch it with all the extra footage, as well as the original airing. I want to see it how it was originally shown before I get into any of the bonus features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks