What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Abbott & Costello Vol. 3, Halloween, Marx Brothers and W.C. Fields Titles COMING (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Ughhh. You mean you have trailers for "TROPICS", "GHOST", "KEEP 'EM FLYING", "HAY", "CO-EDS", and whatever other ones I'm not thinking of right now? Dang! They surely should have at least taken you up on that offer.

Gary "shoot, I've never seen those trailers anywhere" O.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob

I have some in 35mm, and I know collectors with 16mm originals of the others that were willing to share.

MCA actually included the GHOST re-issue trailer on the original VHS release of ICE.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

The lack of OAR on these titles is dissapointing but doesn't surprise me since Universal also refused to release the 50's Sci-Fi titles in OAR for the two volumes they released even when similar evidence was presented to show they were released in Widescreen. The more disturbing part was the majority of this forum supported their action based on the fact of "this is the way we have always seen it on T.V.". So I'm sure this only encouraged Universal to not spend the money on new 16.9 masters on the two A & C films and other future 50's and 60's releases.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Randy, I remember that debate. I think somebody actually stated their belief that these films weren't "important" so the OAR didn't matter.

I've personally projected an original 35mm print of KEYSTONE KOPS in widescreen. The compositions certainly benefit from the proper framing.

Ray Faiola

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray Faiola
But nothing can help that forward-reverse-forward shot of the Kops Wagon!!

I certainly hope they restore the original main titles to ONE NIGHT IN THE TROPICS (it was on the VHS). Also the End Cast, which has been missing from both the VHS and DVD issues.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob

Sorry Tony, I have no idea. As you can see from my comments, my input on this project was minimal.

J Hall

Agent
Real Name
John Hall
Wouldn't it be great if WB released the full set of Bowery Boys films all in one package?

I'm buying the full A & C set and would do the same with a complete BB release.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
WOW, that is some package!!!

I think this may qualify as the nicest looking box set ever produced. I am definitely SOLD and trying to find a new home for my 4 Franchise Collections right now!

If only Universal put this much effort into their classic monster movies!!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Bob, thanks so much for the response and the info.

I tend to agree with Gary that a more "adult" blooper reel would seem out of place here. Alternatively, had they been included, Universal could have divided them up into two bonus features; one family safe and the other preceded with a warning as to content. That way there's no censorship and the viewer could make a choice as to what was appropriate for their household.

John Hall - have mercy on my pocketbook
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I'd gladly buy the BB releases but all 48 at once would be too expensive. I have a feeling they'll be broken down into volumes of 8 to 12 films each.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Unfortunately this is just another PD release (probably stolen from Bob F's work), not the Warner Home Video "official" release that is said to be forthcoming.

For the $7.95 that Amazon is listing this title for I doubt anyone will be using this PD release as a reference disc :laugh:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
The out of print A and C franchise dvd collections, new and sealed copies , are actually still available at play usa.com !!!!!!!!!! Naturally , I ordered volume four, which I didnt have yet.

R. Kay

Second Unit
Bob: Great info on the A&C box & on A&C in general. Keep up the great work!

Is your A&C book coming back in print anytime soon?

Also, I know this has been asked ad nauseum, but does anyone have any clue as to when the Bowery Boys are coming to dvd?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Anybody hear any word at all on more W. C. Fields. It has been about a year since Universal released the set in the UK. I would rather finish them up as Region 1 and not have the Region 2 set. I guess I would even double dip for the ones I have if Universal does a Fields set like they are doing with A&C. Which I will double dip on, shame on me.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
If anybody here is interested in either trading or purchasing 4 brand new A&C Franchise Collections, send me a p.m.!

I'm unloading my box sets in anticipation of this upcoming release and would offer a great deal!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob

You're welcome, glad to be of assistance.

Unfortunately, there are no plans at this time to re-issue our book, but thanks for asking!

Bob

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
The release date for the mega A&C set is next Tuesday. Have any of our members received their sets yet? I'm still not convinced this is worthy of a double dip but am very much interested in feedback on the quality of IT AIN'T HAY and learning if the other titles have been significantly improved.

Thanks,

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks