What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-1-2015 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
FYI: Walmart has the Mad Max Anthology Blu-Ray for $47.88. I grabbed the second-to-last copy at my local Walmart on the way home from work.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Also, Amazon.com has bizarrely pulled the Mad Max Anthology at the last minute, put it back as a preorder, and set no updated release date. I'm wondering if they're converting it into a Prime only item.

In their desperation to increase their Prime subscriber base, they're certainly alienating a lot of their non-Prime customers. I do a lot less shopping with them than I used to, both because the $35 free shipping bar is a lot harder to reach than the $25 free shipping bar, and because a lot of the routine filler items I used to use to pad my cart to reach $35 have become Prime only.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I was sorely tempted by the anthology at Best Buy, but really wanted Fury Road in 3D so I stuck with my plan. Best Buys around here had Army of Frankensteins for $9.99. They sold out before I could get my copy though. I am wondering if they are in other Best Buys around the country or if it's just Oklahoma or this region.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Also, Amazon.com has bizarrely pulled the Mad Max Anthology at the last minute, put it back as a preorder, and set no updated release date. I'm wondering if they're converting it into a Prime only item.

In their desperation to increase their Prime subscriber base, they're certainly alienating a lot of their non-Prime customers. I do a lot less shopping with them than I used to, both because the $35 free shipping bar is a lot harder to reach than the $25 free shipping bar, and because a lot of the routine filler items I used to use to pad my cart to reach $35 have become Prime only.

I've got PRIME, Adam. It's showing as "This title has not been released." for me, too.

I might have to check out Wal-Mart, too. I've never even seen (let alone purchased) any of the Mad Max films.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mike Frezon said:
I've got PRIME, Adam. It's showing as "This title has not been released." for me, too.

I might have to check out Wal-Mart, too. I've never even seen (let alone purchased) any of the Mad Max films.
It's quite a strange world the first time you visit it. My wife wasn't sure what to think

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know what Amazon is up to with the Mad Max Anthology?

Why is it listed as a pre-order (without a release date)?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Pick it up at best buy if possible Mike. They price match Amazon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:
Hmmm.

The page on Amazon for Glenn Campbell, as linked in the grid, now says, "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Adam Lenhardt said:
FYI: Walmart has the Mad Max Anthology Blu-Ray for $47.88. I grabbed the second-to-last copy at my local Walmart on the way home from work.

I cannot fathom what's going on with Amazon with regard to these two titles.

I ran into MY local Wal-Mart tonight (East Greenbush, Adam) and picked up their lone copy of the Mad Max Anthology ($47.88). And I also saw Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me. So I scarfed that up, too.

I then came home and canceled both of my Amazon pre-orders. The Mad Max collection was still "Not Yet Available" and the Campbell DVD was "Not Available."

And yet there they were in Wal-Mart. The Campbell disc was also cheaper...$14.88...by $2+.

I cannot remember ever running into this problem before...and then, twice in one week. Strange.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Is amazon messing with orders from a studio again, What is MM Fox?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
When it comes to the Mad Max Anthology, it's actually complicated. The overall release is a Warner Bros release, but the first disc containing the original film is the Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment Blu-Ray that was released as part of Fox's home video distribution deal with MGM. Presumably Warner Bros. either paid Fox/MGM a fee to include it in the set, or the studios worked out some sort of profit sharing arrangement for the Anthology release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks