What's new

A-Team The Complete Series Due on June 8th (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm definitely re-buying this set - I already have the series on DVD but some of the discs are scratched to hell and back and won't play anymore...glad they're using single-sided discs this time. A replica of the van would be awesome for the packaging

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Nice move Universal. They seem to be the only studio that in consistent with these complete series sets.

I'm all over this one. I can't wait to pre-order it.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I don't have any of the seasons yet on DVD, so this is a nice way for me to finally get it all.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'd picture more an ammo box than the van. Maybe a toolkit since they're always fixing things up, but the connection might be lost.

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
Being that retailers like Best Buy will have it for around $100, I'll most likely purchase it ... all single sided DVD's, awesome.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
While it might not be the same exact packaging , if you have a region free dvd player,amazon uk has it available now !!!For less than 98 dollars shipped !!!!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
This one's very tempting but it'll be a tough call since I'm one that bought all of the original DVD-18 season sets. I haven't pulled out those sets in a while to check for any DVD-18 "rot" issues but I remember when I watched S1-4 sets, I had a few places with momentary pixteling and a couple of skip spots on the discs.

I'm happy for those that held off and waited for the complete set. I hadn't seen this show until I watched it on DVD's and it was one of my best blind-buys in my collection. I knew of the show back in the 80's but didn't watch it for one reason or another....busy watching other things or sports.

This one may be a rare double-dip for me if I can get the price below $100 for the set. I see the poster's Amazon UK info but I'd like to get the R1 set since we have a choice of R1/2 for this one.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I have all the season as well, and so far no problems on the double-sided dvds. I am up to season 3 I believe.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Lookee, lookee! I was right, it WAS the van!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/ATeam-The-Complete-Series/13392

Rockin'...

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
Dave, with all due respect, THAT PACKAGING CAN SUCK MY WHITE BEHIND.

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!!! LEAVE IT TO UNIVERSAL TO SCREW UP THE PACKAGING FOR THIS SET. I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO PURCHASE ANY OF THESE COLLECTOR'S OR GIMMICK PACKAGING SETS.

I'M STICKING TO MY DOUBLE SIDED DVD SETS.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I also hate these gimmick packages. What I'd like to see instead is the use of a standard box with thincases housed within whatever outer gimmick package they want to use. That way, it could still be marketed as a "limited edition", and consumers would then be able to store the discs in the traditional manner if they wanted. It's possible this A-Team package is designed that way, but we'll have to wait for more package details.

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
Exactly. Why can't they use standard DVD packaging, like Miami Vice and just use pics and images of the A-Team and whatnot? This is why I do not purchase any of these complete sets. The only two I have ever bought have been the Miami Vice set and the Northern Exposure set.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by David Lambert ">[/url]

Lookee, lookee! I was right, it WAS the van!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/ATeam-The-Complete-Series/13392

Rockin'...
[/QUOTE]Yes!

Well guys, as one that almost never double-dips, this one's going on my shelf :) All I'll need is a price in the $100-125 orbit.

Dave, I still remember your classic early-season TSoD post yeas ago....

"I pity the fool that doesn't check out Season X release!"

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
To each his own, but why the hate towards the van design? Is it a space issue? I can't imagine anyone who's a diehard fan of the show not wanting this sucker - my only concern is that it looks like cheap cardboard and too boxy. A near-exact replica of the van would have been better but probably more expensive. Regardless, this is a day-one purchase for me.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis /forum/thread/298431/a-team-the-complete-series-due-on-june-8th#post_3664652

To each his own, but why the hate towards the van design? Is it a space issue? I can't imagine anyone who's a diehard fan of the show not wanting this sucker - my only concern is that it looks like cheap cardboard and too boxy. A near-exact replica of the van would have been better but probably more expensive. Regardless, this is a day-one purchase for me.
I don't understand the hate, either. It looks awesome to me. Okay, I get it that there's some concern about what is inside the van: will it be a digipak, some thincases, or what? But look, y'all are jumping to conclusions about what's inside.

Besides, read my story again: this is a LIMITED EDITION release, done in time for the remake film's theatrical release. Betcha some of Mister T.'s gold chains that when the remake film gets released for DVD, Universal also re-releases The Complete Series with an "unlimited" standard-box release, so you can probably just wait for that if you prefer.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
LOL..the GMC Van Packaging is pretty dope. But they need to seriously lose the image on the side window of BA. I mean you look in the front window he staring out at the road. Then from the door POV he is mugging for a paparazzi photo or telling col. decker off. Unfortunately, I already have S1-S4 and S5 is not the A-Team in my view. It certainly is tempting though, very tempting.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
I also have all the dvd-18 sets. It would have been nice if the studio offered an incentive program such as giving credit for previously purchased sets. It would have also been nice if the studio put this out as single season sets with single sided discs. Seasons 1 and 5 of the A team were released that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks