What's new

A special thanks to a HTF member (1 Viewer)

M

MaxY

Michael,
Clerks was first, I think Josh had a brain Fart, and I am sure he knew Clerks was first as well. :)
Max

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Film-wise, Clerks was out before Mallrats, but the story in Mallrats takes place before the story in Clerks. So, if you wanted to follow the story as it begins to how it ends, watch Mallrats first.
Bruce

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
josh and bruce are correct but im not sure about dogma being last. i thought it was mentioned by kevin smith somewere about mallrats being first.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The insert that comes with Chasing Amy actually mentions that Mallrats precedes Clerks as far as storyline events go. In Clerks it was mentioned that it is Saturday, and that the previous night a girl they both knew drowned in a swimming pool (they go to her funeral). Mallrats shows that event (the drowning) on the Friday previous to the events of Clerks. Well, I say "shows it". Maybe it just speaks to it...as I said, I haven't watched Mallrats yet.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Mallrats
Clerks
Chasing Amy
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Dogma
Uh you're wrong.
The series begins on Friday with Mallrats (as Julie died the night before). Clerks is Saturday (the scene at Julie's funeral... well you see Dante and Randal walk into the funeral home and a few minutes later run out). Chasing Amy takes place two years later. Dogma takes place a few weeks after Chasing Amy (read the graphic novel Chasing Dogma for more information or look at the tickets that Jay and Silent Bob have in Chasing Amy). The final film, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back takes place some time (a few years at most) after Dogma.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Matt, you obviously didnt read my post. The 3rd comic in Chasing Dogma involves the monkey and such and is pretty much J&SBSB without the jewel heist. So, I just thought that J&SBSB was after Dogma, since Dogma is probably the odd-ball of the series. It doesnt really fit in much with the others. I mean its more fantasy than the other 4. So, technically, in my f*cked up world thats the order.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Well, it could be the actual order. I mean, its not that hard to comprehend. Im going to ask Kevin at a con. Watch, I'll be like that geek in Galaxy Quest. :D

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well unless Mooby comes out near the house, I will always love teh Kelvin Smith films. I have watch them since my brother first show me Clerks shortly after the release of Mallrats, which I loved the movie. He later on rented Mallrats, kinda of like it, but loved it later on. I later on got to Chasing Amy while in Tennesse for a vaction(he brought a tape of it with him), and loved it. Later on got to see Dogma on Starz when we had it and like it(like it more after seeing the Fat Albert scene ^^). And finally, I went to see Jay and Silent BoB's Strikes Back in the theatre and loved it. I would buy the DVDs for them, but my brother has them all, so until he moves out, I just borrow them instead ^^.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks