What's new

A Letter to Warner Brothers about Joan Crawford (1 Viewer)

Junior_V

Stunt Coordinator
Dear people at Warner...
Oh, how I love you for bringing out classic movies. You are the best studio when it comes to classic movies. However, I don't think you have treated fans of Joan Crawford very nice...at all!

1, The picture of Joan on the vol.1 boxset is awful! It does not look like her at all!
and Joan had BLUE eyes NOT BROWN! It looks not attractive to buy at all. If you want Vol.2 to sell I suggest you choose a picture on Joan that looks good. And don't forget she had BLUE eyes NOT BROWN!!!

2, Bette Davis got a 2nd box last year but non for Joan

3, Doris Day & Errol Flynn gets's 2nd boxes this year

4. You say in the Chat that there are no plans to release "The Shining Hour" but however the most awful and hated Joan movie "Trog" is comming.

5. It leaks out that Strange Cargo & Torch Song is to be included but the set is comming in 2008 and not this year as promised! becuse of "mastering problems" aka (we said vol.2 was to be released this year but when we where fixing the Crawford movies we decided to stop and focus on MGM musicals insted)

6. Letty Lynton. The cherry of the cake of Crawford movies.

Is it becuse Vol 1 did not sell so well? Im not suprised if so...the picture of Joan is ugly as hell on the boxset. The only reason I bought it was becuse the video mix by danorama productions was funny and I became a hardcore fan. You relly should promote her more if you want to sell, "star of the month" on TCM for exemple. As I said, you people at WB are THE BEST movie studio when it comes to classic movies and I am only pissed when it come to your treatment to Joan Crawford.

Greetings from Christina Crawford

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, take that Warners Bros. and take THAT, too! No doubt they're quivering in their shoes and on the phone immediately to the mastering facility and telling them to push Joanie's flicks to the top of the remastering queue. That'll learn 'em!

ted:r

Second Unit

I will preface this by saying I am not a Joan Crawford fan. While I, as a classic movie fan, would love most (well, probably all) classic films released, I'm not really a cultist of a particular actor/actress/director) (It's the iconoclast in me.)

That said, may I offer the following points:

1) Who really cares what the box art looks like??? Yes, I'm sure, the most fanatical do care but 1) they can issue my faves with vomit slopped on the cover and I would still be on my knees thanking them; 2) if you dislike it that much, well, create your own and 3) if you think the most perfect glorious art on the box would convince Joe and Jane Smith that they should plop this next to their Cheeriros and Friday the 13th Part MMMMCCCXXXI...then you should apply IMMEDIATELY to every Co. I'm sure they would love to have you.

2) Only a cultist would debate this. No one else really does care. Just release the damn things, please!

3) See 2

4) Well, first, check your spelling ("comming") There's a "Spell Check" button there. Use it. "Trog" gets released because there's a market for bad, embarrassing movies. I kinda wish there wasn't, but that's the way of the world. Create a nicer one and send me a brochure.

5) Gee, I don't think insulting the Co. you're asking something for is the best way of getting something from them. Ascribing motives to a Co. WHEN YOU DO NOT KNOW is hardly...well, fair.

6) I hardly think the WB is unaware of the desire for "LL". Would it be that untoward to give them the benefit of the doubt?

I do understand that desire for that which is unavailable. (See below.) I just think there are better ways of asking.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Maybe Warner could issue Letty Lynton in a Legal Problems Volume 1 boxed set with The Blue Veil, Night Flight (1933), and The Trial of Mary Dugan (1929 and 1941 versions).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks