What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about...™ She Wore a Yellow Ribbon -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Best Buy has a Back-Order going with projected dates for late July. Ouch.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy has a Back-Order going with projected dates for late July. Ouch.
Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy of this or They were Expendable or any of the discs I ordered from them that have been available for over a week now: Tarzan animated; Something Big; Airport Collection. Amazon's order processing has become extremely slow the past month. I wonder if they have had some cutbacks recently.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy of this or They were Expendable or any of the discs I ordered from them that have been available for over a week now: Tarzan animated; Something Big; Airport Collection. Amazon's order processing has become extremely slow the past month. I wonder if they have had some cutbacks recently.

Amazon are clearly doing something wrong. I didn't buy from them and my discs of She Wore A Yellow Ribbon and They Were Expendable have arrived.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Amazon are clearly doing something wrong. I didn't buy from them and my discs of She Wore A Yellow Ribbon and They Were Expendable have arrived.
Can't wait to hear how they both look.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
After canceling my Amazon order and ordering from B&N, I received my copy on Wednesday.
:)
Thanks for steering us away from further delays.
Going to B&N - and fast.
Let us know how they both look.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
B&N isn't even offering this title online, except via two third party sellers.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Amazon has shipped my copy of She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.

it is expected to arrive Monday, June 20th--nearly two weeks after its release date.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Amazon has shipped my copy of She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.

it is expected to arrive Monday, June 20th--nearly two weeks after its release date.
It looks like Warner and/or the retailer failed to see how much demand this BD Release would garner from the general public. Somebody should have known this would be a popular selection especially around Father's Day.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, you can order it here for only $15.97...

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/22697761/she-wore-a-yellow-ribbon-she-wore-a-yellow-ribbon

This is where I got my copy. They are at the moment sold out of it but it is going to be back in stock and they have it on order (just like most other retailers). Speaking with them I was told Warner did only ship small quantities of this disc (they said they only received two copies for release day and then two more copies a week later, all of which went to customers that had pre-ordered) so every retailer including Amazon only got a few of these...which is why so many people are still waiting for their copy to arrive.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, you can order it here for only $15.97...

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/22697761/she-wore-a-yellow-ribbon-she-wore-a-yellow-ribbon

This is where I got my copy. They are at the moment sold out of it but it is going to be back in stock and they have it on order (just like most other retailers). Speaking with them I was told Warner did only ship small quantities of this disc (they said they only received two copies for release day and then two more copies a week later, all of which went to customers that had pre-ordered) so every retailer including Amazon only got a few of these...which is why so many people are still waiting for their copy to arrive.
Perhaps, the purchasing agents for the retailers need to take some blame here as somebody that just retired as a material acquisition manager, those agents are responsible for placing the right amount of orders to Warner. Warner just doesn't send a 100 copies to any retailer, there has to be orders from that specific retailer. Just remember, when you're talking to retailers, it's always convenient to blame the supply chain for not having stock.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Perhaps, the purchasing agents for the retailers need to take some blame here as somebody that just retired as a material acquisition manager, those agents are responsible for placing the right amount of orders to Warner. Warner just doesn't send a 100 copies to any retailer, there has to be orders from that specific retailer. Just remember, when you're talking to retailers, it's always convenient to blame the supply chain for not having stock.

Yep, in the movie exhibition business, you damn well better have enough popcorn seed, coke syrup, coconut oil, and paper products for that new Disney animated film or there would be hell to pay. If you didn't, you only got a one time pass.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I agree with you, Robert, but in this instance I think for whatever reason there were not many copies of She Wore a Yellow Ribbon made...hence creating the shortage. If it was just a few retailers that did not have copies I could see this being an issue with the retailer not placing the orders but this shortage was across the board it seemed.

The store I linked to above has generally always had about 10 copies of the Warner Archive blu-ray releases on the shelves on release day. This was the first one that never made it to their store shelves and they have been attempting to acquire more copies ever since. So, it seems like a production thing more than retailers not placing the orders. I mean Amazon left loads of pre-orders unfulfilled which is not normal as those pre-orders give them an idea of demand in advance.

I'm not blaming Warner Archive and maybe it was not them, perhaps it was the company that presses their discs that had an issue creating only a short initial run. I was one of the lucky ones that got the disc early but I know some people get anxious while they are waiting.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I agree with you, Robert, but in this instance I think for whatever reason there were not many copies of She Wore a Yellow Ribbon made...hence creating the shortage. If it was just a few retailers that did not have copies I could see this being an issue with the retailer not placing the orders but this shortage was across the board it seemed.

The store I linked to above has generally always had about 10 copies of the Warner Archive blu-ray releases on the shelves on release day. This was the first one that never made it to their store shelves and they have been attempting to acquire more copies ever since. So, it seems like a production thing more than retailers not placing the orders. I mean Amazon left loads of pre-orders unfulfilled which is not normal as those pre-orders give them an idea of demand in advance.

I'm not blaming Warner Archive and maybe it was not them, perhaps it was the company that presses their discs that had an issue creating only a short initial run. I was one of the lucky ones that got the disc early but I know some people get anxious while they are waiting.
I'm just saying you don't take the first supplier excuse given to you as an explanation. I've been there and done that. You don't think George Feltenstein knows how popular this title is and well it's going to sell? He knows and so do those other fine people that work for WA in marketing.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The people at Bullmoose (the best place for physical media as far as I'm concerned) are great people and they are always good about getting the information out there about the releases. I am sometimes looking for oddball stuff and they have told me "We just did not order that." but they do order if they get a pre-order. So, they certainly would have said they just did not order enough to meet demand if that had been the case. The Warner Archive releases have been very easy to get up until She Wore a Yellow Ribbon it seems. I did not attempt to order They Were Expendable but this also seems to have a shortage at the moment. My bet would be some sort of production issue where they just did not press enough discs to meet initial demand. Obviously they will so everybody will end up with a copy that wants one and this seems the exception rather than the rule.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The people at Bullmoose (the best place for physical media as far as I'm concerned) are great people and they are always good about getting the information out there about the releases. I am sometimes looking for oddball stuff and they have told me "We just did not order that." but they do order if they get a pre-order. So, they certainly would have said they just did not order enough to meet demand if that had been the case. The Warner Archive releases have been very easy to get up until She Wore a Yellow Ribbon it seems. I did not attempt to order They Were Expendable but this also seems to have a shortage at the moment. My bet would be some sort of production issue where they just did not press enough discs to meet initial demand. Obviously they will so everybody will end up with a copy that wants one and this seems the exception rather than the rule.
Reggie,

Have it your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks