What's new

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
And it’s not cheap. I think it was $43.

Alliance Atlantis no longer exists - they morphed into Entertainment One years ago and eOne’s film division also shuttered last year. The digital copy of Pulp Fiction on iTunes Canada still credits Alliance Atlantis, however.

But here’s where it gets weird: I have yet to be able to buy a Paramount Presents title without importing it. There’s really no reason for that. With Hasbro putting eOne on the market, maybe the rights issue will get sorted.
And here's where it gets truly weird: Pulp Fiction is now available for streaming on Paramount+ in Canada.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
None of this changes the fact that Paramount's physical release schedule in Canada is screwier than a squirrel.
Squirrel.gif

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
For an "analog fetishist", I find it interesting that Tarantino jumped into the DI game pretty early with the KILL BILL films- and 2K DIs at that! I think his first 4K DI was DJANGO UNCHAINED. THE HATEFUL 8 had an analog finish, at least for its 70mm prints (I'm not sure if the 35mm prints were from a DI, or optical reduction), but he was back to a full DI for ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD.

Vincent

And yet he frequently bemoans digital projection as "public TV" and waxes rhapsodic about the magic of watching beaten-to-hell 35mm prints in a grindhouse.

Nobody ever accused the guy of being consistent, or even logical about these things. :biggrin:

My guess is that in his mind there's a clear distinction between Production and Presentation. On the Production side of things, he'll use digital along with any other modern tool at his disposal. But when it comes to Presentation, analog is always more beautiful than digital.

It's the same rationale that vinyl LP fans use to justify the "warmth" of their records on a turntable, even when the music pressed on them was sourced from digital recordings and masters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks