What's new

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About A few words about…™ It Started in Naples – in Blu-ray (2 Viewers)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
As noted in another thread, I was never a fan of It Started in Naples, although I have been of the two leads along with Vittorio De Sica - and if you've not seen him in Rossellini's Generale Della Rovere, please do so. Just steer clear of the Raro Video DVD.

I wanted to pick up a copy of ISiN to see how Paramount had handled the VistaVision cinematography, and it seems generally fine. A couple of very minor instances of light ringing, but nothing that will be noted from a proper seating distance.

Color and densities are attractive, with good blacks and nice shadow detail. It gives me pleasure to report that it's a no problem release.

Image – 4

Audio – 5 (DTS-HD MA Monaural)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Upgrade from DVD – Yes

Works up-rezzed to 4k - Yes

Recommended

RAH

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
A nice upgrade on the dvd and Robert can you please tell me what light ringing is? Criterion did release a nice looking dvd of Generale Della Rovere.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thank you, Mr. Harris, for these few words. I'll now buy this disc.

Simon Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon Lewis
Can anybody who's got this disc, confirm if its a pressed disc please. I've seen one retailer saying its a BD-R. Thanks

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Can anybody who's got this disc, confirm if its a pressed disc please. I've seen one retailer saying its a BD-R. Thanks
It's a pressed disc with the Blu-ray insignia at the top of the front case and on the Blu-ray disc itself.

1684064043672.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbuffalo
Recent bookmarks