What's new

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I was happy to see it once but I was satisfied with that. For me it was rental worthy.
There can be only one...viewing!
There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It still doesn't mean that I can't make positive comments, as I did earlier comparing the two different covers. And simply declaring that one is not a fan of a film doesn't mean one can't say anything nice. I can list any number of positive things about Man of Steel as a piece of cinematic art, even though for other reasons, I hate the film.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Its decent. Just keep in mind this is far from demo disc quality.

The screenshots look like pure film which I much appreciate. I was curious about the movie itself so it's sounding like a $12 rental but not much different than going to a movie.

Richard Kaufman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Kaufman
Oh, please ... this movie is total crap. The lead actor is, well, not a lead actor. He's can't even charitably be called an actor. The only interesting thing is watching Sean Connery slumming through his role and doing a bang-up job.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Oh, please ... this movie is total crap. The lead actor is, well, not a lead actor. He's can't even charitably be called an actor. The only interesting thing is watching Sean Connery slumming through his role and doing a bang-up job.

That's one way to put it I guess...

For me, it probably ranks as a fun enough guilty pleasure of sorts... probably partly for the nostalgia because it came from a period before such were made w/ much of any polish like nowadays... :P

IF one cannot enjoy the cheeze and bit of camp (and the music soundtrack, aesthetics/atmosphere and nostalgia for this sort from that essentially pre-modern-sci-fantasy-boom-historic period in such), well, yeah, this is not for you at all...

I would think any fan of Queen's music should at least give this film a shot, haha... :D

_Man_

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
And yet it managed to spawn a number of sequels and a successful hit television series. It's entertaining enough. For me, the best thing about Highlander is Clancy Brown. ;)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
And yet it managed to spawn a number of sequels and a successful hit television series. It's entertaining enough. For me, the best thing about Highlander is Clancy Brown. ;)
It’s been decades since I’ve seen it, but the scene that stuck in my memory is Brown and Lambert, in present day, jousting with long swords, as if it was normal activity. That scene cracked me up.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Maybe it's me, but I really love this film, especially the director's cut. There's an undercurrent in the story about how lonely Connor is because he outlives everyone he loves. His life with Heather is heartbreaking and the Queen songs are excellent. Connery was a lot of fun in the role and if this were a one and done and ended here, it would be a minor 80's classic. However, the sequels were all a blight. I didn't watch the TV series, but I did hear good things.

yamato72

Agent
Real Name
Marc Fenneuff
I first saw this as a teenager, a few years after it came out. It happens to be a title that I have reliably bought on about every format since VHS. It's not a great movie but I still enjoy parts of it. Sword fighting in a big city, present-day was pretty novel at the time. So I can still appreciate it for what it is/was. I pre-ordered the UHD since it was cheap, and watched it this weekend.It looked... fine. It's never looked expensive or very pretty.

Lee Sandersen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Leland T. Sandersen
I find the movie a bit cheesy, but a guilty pleasure that I enjoy. Therefor I have bought more than one copy of it, but every copy, including the Bluray were too fuzzy. Was it shot that way on purpose, or shot on cheap film stock? Perhaps kind of like the DVD of Dracula 1978 where the director had a tantrum and made the discs almost black and white whereas when I saw it in the theater it had a pristine color that was quite pleasing to the eye. Same here, someone's idea of perfection on the home video release?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I find the movie a bit cheesy, but a guilty pleasure that I enjoy. Therefor I have bought more than one copy of it, but every copy, including the Bluray were too fuzzy. Was it shot that way on purpose, or shot on cheap film stock? Perhaps kind of like the DVD of Dracula 1978 where the director had a tantrum and made the discs almost black and white whereas when I saw it in the theater it had a pristine color that was quite pleasing to the eye. Same here, someone's idea of perfection on the home video release?

Nah its just Eastman's emulsions for 1985 were very grainy for some reason. Jim Cameron complained about it on the the Aliens commentary.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
As of this writing AmaZon
1671567856009.png
has it for 12 bucks & four-bits. So I bit. Who wants to live forever anyway ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks