What's new

UHD Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ - Full Circle aka The Haunting of Julia -- in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
It was in regular rotation on cable back in the day but seemed to disappear for decades. It’s good to have it back in its OAR. (TCM aired it last fall.)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, now we've gone from people gatekeeping over what constitutes a giallo to people gatekeeping over what constitutes horror itself. I'm not sure that this qualifies as progress, but different strokes, I guess.

90 Day Fiance Ellie GIF by TLC

Gatekeeper is a nice spooky word though, so that is fun.

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Based upon Peter Strauss novel Julia, this 1977 production directed by Richard Loncraine, arrives for the first time on Blu-ray here in the Colonies.
Not sure if that was supposed to be a joke, but I'm not sure that Peter Strauss's writing skills can hold a candle to Peter Straub's.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Not sure if that was supposed to be a joke, but I'm not sure that Peter Strauss's writing skills can hold a candle to Peter Straub's.
I often hear the strains of Strauss, whilst reading the swimmin’ hole sequence from If You Could See Me Now.

An unfortunate auto-kerrect that went unnotised.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks