What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Body Heat -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Lawrence Kasdan has created some of my favorite films of the last 25 years. Viewing Body Heat (1981), his first directorial effort, on Blu-ray from Warner Home Video, has taken me back to 1981, as the disc replicates this brilliant film to perfection.

An interesting factoid. Originally scheduled to shoot in New Jersey, the location was changed to Lake Worth, Florida and environs, with production occurring during one of the coldest winters in the area in years. The steamy noir drama was produced with freezing actors and crew and a great deal of misting.

Touching on the concept of noir, revisiting the genre hasn't happened very often since the noir era of the '40s and early '50s. Noir is color is yet another interesting addition as well as a rarity.

Brilliantly directed, photographed, acted, cut and scored, Body Heat holds a very special place in the history of '80s cinema. One of the best of the era, herein offered on Blu-ray to perfection (replicating the extras of the 2006 SE), and receiving a Very Highly Recommended from these quarters.

Those who have not experienced Body Heat are in for a rare treat, grainus intactus.

RAH

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
"Grainius intactus" ......"....good one centurion....Romans, what a wonderful race..."

I beat ya to watching this one Robert. I got it in the Post some weeks back and watched it a few hours later. It's, indeed, one of my fav 80's films. Your discription mirrors my experience purfecto.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Robert,

It's great to have my own humble opinion confirmed by someone of your high esteem.

Lawrence Kasdan has long been one of my favorites as well, and I look forward to more of his work on BD. The man has had an interesting career, even beyond the director's chair.

Your anecdotes about the cold Florida winter are enlightening. They certainly succeeded in pulling off the illusion. The heat is nearly palpable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks