What's new

4K TV is where exactly? (1 Viewer)

edee_em

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eddie Marano
It's 2022, and we were told about 4k 6/8/10 TV years ago, so I would like to know, where is it? Our providers have some sports channels and the rest is movies that I can stream elsewhere at way less cost than renting a 4K PVR from them. Everyone has 4k TVs but they can't just be for watching a couple of movies every now and again, can it?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
We already have a topic that covers this question in the TV section.

Not much to say at this point.

Wardog555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fraser
When it comes to broadcast TV. Non existent. At least in my tiny country compared to the bigger ones around the world. Even our neighbor Australia has a couple 4k channels on foxtel!

Real Name
Scott
I have Xfinity Comcast cable and when I asked them about getting a 4k cable box, the guy told me I shouldn't bother. That for the few 4k programs they have, it wasn't worth all the trouble they had been having with the boxes reliability-wise.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have Xfinity Comcast cable and when I asked them about getting a 4k cable box, the guy told me I shouldn't bother. That for the few 4k programs they have, it wasn't worth all the trouble they had been having with the boxes reliability-wise.

That’s essentially a lie.
I haven’t heard of reliability problems with the x1 box.
There are plenty of 4K options.

A handful of sports are offered in 4k
Most of the major streaming apps are on the X1 like hbo and YouTube, D+ etc

I’d suggest getting it and deciding for yourself unless you’re concerned about additional cost for the box of which I’m not sure there is one.

Real Name
Scott
That’s essentially a lie.
I haven’t heard of reliability problems with the x1 box.
There are plenty of 4K options.

A handful of sports are offered in 4k
Most of the major streaming apps are on the X1 like hbo and YouTube, D+ etc

I’d suggest getting it and deciding for yourself unless you’re concerned about additional cost for the box of which I’m not sure there is one.
Why would the Xfinity guy at the Xfinity store lie to me about their own product? I'm sure it was based on what he's personally witnessed and not any official reliability data, but if anyone had insight into it it would someone who works there. If you say its fine, how many people did you talk to that have it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MasonStorm@HTF
Recent bookmarks