What's new

28 Days Later? (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I have seen it and did enjoy it, though not to the extent some of you have. I'll agree that the movie starts strong and finishes not as, though the ending itself didn't bother me. Not a great movie, but better than a lot of the horror I have seen lately.

On to spoilers...
Would you really call this a zombie movie? I guess that is what it most closely resembles, but the Infected never died. Not a hugely significant point, and it didn't detract for me, but some people might feel a bit misled.

Also, I got the feeling this was a combination of the good elements of Romero's "..of the Dead" series. That's not necessarily a put-down. It just means that while I felt the movie was well executed, I didn't find it very innovative.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Let me get this straight. Is this a theatrical release in the States and it is already on DVD in R2? I would like to check this film out but i don't have an all region player.

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
Let me get this straight. Is this a theatrical release in the States and it is already on DVD in R2?
Yep. It's out in the UK at any rate.
Mind you the Darkness Falls DVD had come out in the US and been shipped to me a couple of weeks before it came out over here. Maybe it's a peculiarity unique to horror films. ;)

Chris_Richard

Supporting Actor
Saw a screening last night.

Really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see it again when it comes out with a bigger audience. It was a really small audience I saw it with, not sure how everyone found out about it, but we still had quite a few walkouts. Some people will see anything for free. The family with small kids (ages 7-12) probably should have left but stayed.

Loved the soundtrack, the opening of the film, scenes of deserted London, the journey out of London, and the infecteds.

I agree the third and to the ending was a let down but not enough to ruin it.

Having seen the BBC miniseries Day of the Triffids a lot, as soon as they listened to the military recording over the radio I thought it would be the same with the para-military group wanting women to repopulate.

The only other con was the digital video. I could never get used to it, but the 3 people I was with liked it, so I guess it's only me.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Here's the U.S. site:
http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/28dayslater/
List of cities getting the sneak preview screeings on 6/13:
Albequerque
Atlanta
Austin
Baltimore
Boston
Charlotte
Chicago
Columbus
Denver
Detroit
Houston
Kansas City
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Minneapolis
Montreal
New York
Philadelphia
Phoenix
Portland
San Diego
San Francisco
San Jose
Seattle
Toronto
Vancouver
Washington DC
The site also says to 'wear red' to the preview screenings.
Creepy.
Check the site for specific theater info.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Great opening. Thanks for the link Scott. That is a great way to promote a movie like this.

Also great the Kansas City was added to the sneak list. I'm there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks