28 Days Later Sneak Preview

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Michael Pakula, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

There is a Sneak Preview happening at major cities tomorrow night. Im going to be picking up my tickets tonight. It also say's to wear a red shirt and see what happens. Anyone else going here?.

-Mike

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Thanks

I didn't even know about this, but its playing in a small theater in KC. I'm absolutely there!

3. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

Here is a complete list of cities and theaters the film
    is being screened at in North America.

28 Days Later Sneak Preview Cities.

Alburguerque,NM
    Century Rio

Atlanta,GA
    Regal Hollywood/North I-85

Austin, TX
    Regal Gateway/Austin Cinema

Baltimore,MD
    Muvico Egyptian 24

Boston, MA
    LCE Boston Common

Charlotte,NC
    Consolidated Phillips Place

Chicago, IL
    600 North

Columbus,OH
    AMC Planet Movies 30 at Easton

Dallas, TX
    Cinemark TinselTown/Plano

Denver,CO
    UA Pavillion

Detroit,MI
    Star Southfield

Houston,TX
    TinselTown/Westchase

Kanasas City,KS
    Cinemark 20

Las Vegas, NV
    Texas Station

Los Angeles, CA (8:45)
    La Film Fest @ Ford Theatre

Minneapolis, MN
    Cinema Southdale 16

Montreal, QC
    Paramount

New York, NY
    Union Square Theatre

Philadelphia, PA
    UA King Of Prussia 16

Phoenix, AZ
    Arizona Mills

Portland, OR
    Lloyd

Sand Diego, CA
    Gaslamp

San Francisco, CA
    Metreon 15 $ IMAX

San Jose, CA
    Century Cinemas

Seattle, WA
    Meridian

Toronto,ON
    Paramount Theatre @ Festival Hall

Vancouver, BC
    Granville

Washington, D.C.
    Georgetown 14

-Mike

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

5. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Damn, nothing in my area. I really want to see this one too!

6. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

I also will be at the Dallas showing tonight. I have resisted the severe temptation of ordering the R2 DVD of this because I want to see it on the big screen first. I've waited so very long though, and I'll be driving up to Dallas to finally end the wait tonight.

7. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Yup, same here - been desperate to see this since mates started raving about it back in the UK. Looking forward to finally seeing it.

Any clue what the red t-shirt promo is about? Are they setting up some sort of "audience participation" thing? Or giving away promo stuff to anyone in red? [​IMG]

Debating whether or not to wear my red Atari t-shirt...

8. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

Knowing how much you love Horror, Justin I suspect you'll dig it. I wanted to watch it on the big screen but it kept getting delayed over here, I think September is the new release so I went ahead and ordered the R2 - nice DVD. I watched the film last night and was quite surprised at the quality on a 105" screen.

9. Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom Supporting Actor

Definetly wear RED.

10. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Why, Jason? [​IMG] PM me if ya like [​IMG]

11. Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom Supporting Actor

I don't want to ruin it for you. It's kinda gimmicky of them to put that in the ad. But once you see the movie you'll understand, it's pretty silly(not the movie, the gimmick by the studio). Actually it might hurt the movie if the viewer is wondering during the movie, "Why am I wearing this Red shirt?"Red attracts the CRAZIES!!!

12. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

Crap, if I still lived in Fort Scott I'd make a special trip to KC. Oh well, opens wide the 27th, I hope it at least hits Wichita.

13. Dan Shogren

Dan Shogren Stunt Coordinator

GAHHAGGHH!!!! I NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! *Goes crazy waiting for wide distribution of 28 days later*

14. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Okay, this film was just completely amazing! I knew I'd love it, but it was even better than I was expecting! The shots of a deserted London are stunning, eerie, and awesome all in one, and the people infected with the RAGE virus (NOT zombies) are frightening as hell! I also loved the shot where the burning infectee was running after Jim. Brilliant shot! I also didn't dislike the ending like some people did.

This film is by far a new favorite, and by all means, a new classic in the horror genre! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] out of [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]!

I'll try and get a more complete/better review up soon.

15. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Ah cool. I'm (not at all surprised, but) very glad that you dug the movie, Justin. You're a horror freak after my own heart. [​IMG] I'll bet you 14 million bucks you go nuts for Cabin Fever as well...

BTW - There's another 28 Days Later thread to pick through now that you've all seen the movie.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=102635

16. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Made it to the sneak preview last night with my wife & some friends. Wore my Atari shirt, so I got my stickers + freebie goodie [​IMG] The cinema was utterly /packed/ - completely sold out & it appeared like there wasn't a spare seat in the house. People sitting in the aisles (and getting moved by the ushers), people coming in late in a big group & then wondering why they couldn't find seats together etc.

As for the film, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not as /much/ infected related action as I was hoping for, and the film changed its focus in the last third, but I was fine with it. Great action, great story, good pacing, good acting.

The women in our group enjoyed it more than I suspected, though they had a problem with one particular plot element that they were glad didn't get taken to its conclusion...

I liked it. I liked it a lot. Boyle + Garland done good!

17. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

Yeah, I was there at the Paramount on Friday. I've been waiting for this movie for at least 6 months and boy was I not dissapointed. I gave it a 14/15 on my review sheet, the theorical highest possible score considering 15/15 means "Best Movie Ever", if my (Admittingly bizarre) rating system supported decimals, it would get a 14.5 or 14.75 easily...

About Jason's spoiler, I didn't actually notice that but I'll keep that in mind since I will MOST LIKELY go see it again when it opens wide, especially if it plays in screen #7 or 13 of the Paramount. #7 having vibrating seats would be awesome but I'm afraid they'd put Charlie's Angels 2 in the Vibrator Room. #13 being the IMAX screen, would be cool too but again, Charlie's Angels 2 might get that one...

I was not wearing a red shirt but actually looked for red shirts in a few stores but didn't find anything. I still got my stickers, they had a full box and gave a lot to everyone. Too bad they only had 50 Full Size posters since I stayed till the end of the credits, they were all gone by the time I got out. I did get a 8.5x11 size poster which I scanned and put in my Windows Wallpaper. I will also buy the real thing from the same place I got my Magnolia poster 3 years ago, might get Kissing Jessica Stein there as well.

Would fit well on my wall, since my favorite movie of 2000 was Magnolia, fav of 2001 Amelie, 2002 Kissing Jessica Stein and so far, 28 Days Later could well be my favorite of 2003, I know we're only halfway through the year, but it's a safe bet.

Here's my full review, I put scores out of 15 in 12 points for all movies I see.

Thrill: 5
    Music: 6
    Hotties: 3
    Sex: 0
    Humor: 4
    Scary: 9
    Happy/Sad: -6
    Gross: 7
    CLMP: 0
    Weird: 7
    Artistic: 6
    Techno: 4

Overall: 14
    DVD Purchase: For Sure

Most of these are Quantitive not Qualitive, meaning the higher the number the most the item occurs in the movie and how much it adds to the movie. CLMP represents how one can relate to the movie depending on what happens or how much the movie can affect your beliefs. Happy/Sad, 0 means your mood is unaffected, a negative number is a sad movie while a positive number is a feel good movie.

18. Jay Rodriguez

Jay Rodriguez Stunt Coordinator

I liked it quite a bit. I gave it a 6.5 out of 10. Not bad at all, but I had some problems with it. For instance, the digital tape shooting. I didn't think this "effect" brought anything to the movie. Just made it a little distracting for me in some scenes. I also didn't appreciate the quick cuts during some of the action scenes. But by no means, did this spoil the movie. I encourage anyone who is a fan of the genre to go see it. Definitely a DVD purchase. Here's hoping for a well done R1 version.

By the way, did anyone notice the markingson the plane that flies over at the end? What country was it from? & Were they indeed quarantened?

19. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Jay, my take isthat they were quarantined as much as possible. The newspaper headlines proclaiming Evacuation intimated as much that there was somewhere else to go. Additionally, the Rage virus doesn't lend itself to travel. As best I can tell, the virus carriers go apeshit within seconds of being infected and the original carriers are apes themselves, which doesn't offer them many opportunities to hide aboard aircraft or on boats.

Also, I got the impression that the plane was German or French, but I wasn't really looking.

20. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

Up until I saw a commercial for this movie, I thought it was a sequal to a Sandra Bullock movie about a recovering alcoholic....