What's new

24: Day 3 - 2/03/04 - Hour 12 (1 Viewer)

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
tick-TOCK-tick-TOCK
tick-TOCK-tick-TOCK

Wow, episode 12 is now over and I'm assuming this starts the second story arc? Some of the plotlines at CTU were so stupid and dull I found myself secondguessing the writing and making up my own storylines at certain points. When Adam told Kim that the baby wasn't Chloe's and the tense music played, they went to commercial and I thought "the baby has the virus!" *back from commercial* Nope, I was wrong. But anyways, pretty tense stuff with Jack. Kinda saw the whole bit with Chase being spotted by Hector's man coming from a bit away. I wish I didn't see the previews for tonite's episode, thus ruining the fate of a certain person holding a certain cylinder meant for another certain person. Overall, a good episode. Looking forward to see what develops with Sherry Palmer, and almost forgot to mention Nina is still on the loose. :emoji_thumbsup:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I was cracking up over the baby stuff. I can see people hating it because it's so stupid, but man...I was rolling :)

Overall, good action packed episode. Can't wait to see next week.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
If anyone is interested Aint it Cool News has a spoiler report for the next three hours. Suffice it to say things will get a bit more interesting - however, this first half of the season was really lame.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At least things happened and even more implausible things happened (the baby).

Now the chase begins again for the virus and for Alan's ticker.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe how easily the Delta units fell into that ambush. That was pathetic. I also can't believe they didn't have more helicopters in the area for such a mission.

At least Hector and Ramon are both dead, Jack doesn't have to worry about them. Nina shouldn't be able to get far on foot, and I'd be surprised if she's able to get one of the Salazar's vehicles out of there. I wonder if she has a backup plan.

The baby stuff is stupid. The president's story line while intriguing just seems unrelated. Perhaps Nina's working for Sherry? That would be a twist.

Overall I'm very disappointed with this season. It just doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
The oddest thing happened last night. I'm watching 24 and there's Jack and Nina and the virus and it's pretty cool. Then, inexplicably, my cable company cuts to a soap opera. Two women are arguing over a baby. It's my baby, No it's not, Okay it's my boyfriend's baby but his ex-wife's boyfriend is a drunk, etc. Then, they cut back to 24. Could someone please tell me what happened in those minutes that my cable company mistakenly switched to the soap opera?

I thought Chase popped Ramon. Did he miss? I thought Nina had run off with the virus. Was Jack really surprised that Ramon tried to shoot him. I thought he was smarter than that.

So Kim complains to Michelle that Tony is forgetful.
Then Kim complains to Tony that Chloe is delusional.
What's next? Kim complains to Chloe that Michelle is paranoid?

John Watson

Screenwriter
The return of Sherry (indeed the whole Alan what-his-name who wants Palmer to fire his little brother) is a downer - what's the point - Sherry coming out of the trailer (who knows or cared what happened in there) and being transfigured in the headlights, WTF!! The comment about the soap opera cut-in is right on.

Now that he's becoming so important, who the hell is Almadar anyway. He keeps selling the virus and walking away with it and the money. How his men knew where Delta would intercept him, so he could get away again is remarkable. Maybe the baby is the link - it could be a robot controlling Kim and Chloes's access to the channels that CTU has to Delta? :D

Anway, Nina is on the loose again. I'll have to come back. I hope we're finally moving out of sagebrush country tho, I'm tired of barns-and-sand by night scenes.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning

Chase did wing Ramon....and Ramon ran off with the decoy virus and was found lying on the ground in agony by Jack before the cylinder exploded in his hands. Nina just ran away empty handed.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor

That was pretty amazing, he should work for CTU.

Nina letting the virus out of her sight allowing Amador a chance to switch the containers is just plain idiotic. She's quite a terrorist!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I'm a little upset that Ramon was taken out, as he gave 24 a little tension in not knowing what he would do next, as he actually wasted his own brother! I'm tempted to check out the AICN thing, as I'm quickly tiring of 24's soap angle with Sherry (EEK, is that BLOOD?!) and the President. But seeing Chloe possibly going nuts may keep me tuned in a little longer.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator

I don't know, I got the feeling there may have been a double-switcheroo going on. When it first happened, I thought Nina ran off with it somehow, but now Amador thinks he has it. Guess we'll have to tune into the next most exciting hour of television.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

Um, they were behind him, they didn't intercept him. He led them right into an ambush. Notice how he suddenly stopped and got out of the truck all calmly? That guy knew what he was doing, Delta didn't. Clearly that guy figured that if there was a problem, he needed to be prepared. Also, when Jack realized that the guy switched the virus he told CTU to warn Delta that the guy must have an escape plan, and he did.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
A few things I don't get.

When Sherry was at the trailer park and was outside the trailer where Mr. Kelly was, how did she not hear anything from inside that would cause someone to bleed all over a wall? I've had a friend who lived in a trailer and you can't fart without the trailer moving slightly.

Also Chase running around doing covert recon after getting shot through the hand 2 hours earlier. I get my finger pinched in a door and i'm lucky I can type the rest of the day.

The whole baby thing just doesn't do it for me. If I wanted to watch Soap Opera's I would stay home from my job.

But don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the show and I did get a heart pounding moment when Nina had the 'virus' and communication with Chase was cut off. Pretty good drama at the point.

Paul

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
People have remarkable powers of recovery on this show - especially considering they never eat or sleep - like Jack recovering from death, Tony recovering from near death, Kim recovering from that haircut.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
It looks like Kim is involved in yet another kidnapping.

I'm glad they've been putting the Palmer story right after commercials. It means that I get a few extra minutes to finish up whatever I started during the break.

Jack more than doubled his body count last night. Did anybody get a tally?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yeah, the guy was a little too calm and didn't follow instructions. Once he looked up to his right, wouldn't you pull the trigger? (It might be hard to see at night, but the ambush guys could see it from even farther. Maybe one was watching with a scope, but then he would have to change position to fire on Delta. Anyway, it was just a beat too long.) And then the guy doesn't even get winged.

What was most annoying was having Kim call Tony and telling him he had to speak with him that moment about Chloe. Then she brings up the idea that she might be unstable. And then in that pressure situation, Tony starts to think that maybe she is nuts, but then it all turns out OK. In contrast, there was genuine tension during the virus handoff.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
This season doesn't quite have it, does it? Too bad. Last year was an improvement over year one. What's this sophomore jinx plus one?

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
My explanation. A good story will create characters that fit the plot. You have a murder, you need a detective, a witness, a suspect,etc. This is what 24 did the first year. Created characters to fit the story. You need a hero (Jack), a damsel (his wife and daughter), the traitor (Nina), plus the President and CTU people. They all served the story.

However, this year they've decided to stick with the same cast. Thus, you are moulding a story to fit characters. Kim and the President are under contract. What do we do with them? Well, we give the Pres a totally unrelated plotline and we have Kim inexplicably work at CTU and date Jack's partner so we can create contrived drama. And we have Tony and Michelle marry so they can throw each other dramatic glances every now and then. It just doesn't work that way.

They say that TV is character driven and movies story driven. But 24 is, or at least should be, an exception. The story or concept is king here. They should have come up with a killer storyline, and then drafted characters to fit the plot - not the other way around.

I don't see how it can get better doing it the way they are.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Damn Wayne, that's a good analysis, I think you hit the nail on the head there. Now the question is why did they sign Kim to such a long contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks