What's new

24: Day 3 - 2/17/04 - Hour 14 (1 Viewer)

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
I think tonight Nina tied Jack's body count. The only thing that would've made me happier is if Nina killed Kim. That would be completely unexpected, albeit uncalled for, and a huge emotional setback for Jack for the remainder of the season. Of course unloading a few bullets in her is another good way to end the episode I suppose.

John Watson

Screenwriter
WOW! Dynamite. A truly gripping episode.

Had another Oswald-Ruby moment there, when Nina is brought to CTU in cuffs, and Kim watches her approach.:)

Nina is dead. Her "suicide" attempt and how she got off the operating table are hard to fathom. Certainly the hint of AIDS doesn't add up as a reason for a gal who's so into evil. She had info and thus a bargaining chip. Personally I'm gonna miss her, tho she's been looking haggard and drawn this season, certainly no femme fatale.

Once past that unbelievability, what was she doing in the room where Kim found her? Just hiding after her escape?

Milliken is dead too, but with the virus in the hands of Almador and what's-his-name, that doesn't seem important now. Tho I imagine there will be lots of clues that the guy didn't die all by himself.

I'm in the school that thinks Chloe is great. I'd like her to fix my computer too.

Why Chapelle (sp?), who has been very realistic and practical in the last few hours, suddenly gets officious again and has Jack interrogated about his addiction, while Nina is interrogated elsewhere, about the VIRUS!!!, wasn't very convincing.

Next week, will Jack be interrogated by the CTU psychologist on what he was trying to hide by terminating Nina? :frowning:

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
They didn't show that scene probably because they couldn't figure out how she could have done it. There were two big guards with guns. Even if she scalpels one of them...but two!

I liked the symmetry of Nina's demise being in the room where she killed Jack's wife.

Good episode. These CTU agents are tough. They get shot, electrocuted, split an artery and still survive. Ah, are you sure Nina's dead? Maybe she's so full of drugs it's keeping her alive!

I agree that the whole Anne business seemed to be a waste, as if they couldn't figure out what to do with it and dropped it. Or, it's possible it will play out later. The President's girlfriend is present at her ex-husband's suicide - who happened to have damning evidence against Palmer. The President's ex-wife is present at the natural death of a man out to destory Palmer because the Pres's brother was fooling around with his wife. There have to be repercussions from all of this. And Palmer gets what he deserves. He continues to show his weakness by surrounding himself with bad characters.

I enjoyed the "reunion" scenes. Jack, Chase and Nina return. Kim greets her drug addicted father while staring down the woman who killed her mother, who just happened to have a past relationship with her father. Then she greets her boyfriend who had a baby with another woman. Then, Nina, the woman who killed Kim's mother, is interrogated by Tony, an ex-lover, while Tony's current wife sits in the other room.

Then the President calls his ex-wife to take care of a problem with an ex-supporter now turned enemy because his brother had an affair with his wife. Boy, the producers must need a road map to keep track of all this.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
WOW, what a way to end an episode!

That was nice of Chapelle wanting to cover for Jack. And I knew I saw that woman before (Vasquez from Aliens!!! and now that I think of it, she was also John Connor's foster mother in T2. I guess James Cameron likes her.)

Anyway, the witch is dead. I'm going to miss her a lot.

DaveMcS

Second Unit

But unfortunately the Uniformed division of CTU guards are as effective as the worst Mall Security dude. I can't recall a single time one of the uniformed "Barney's" was not left bleeding and in a heap by whomever was attempting to flee their custody !!

:D

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Loved the ending. My wife cheered when Nina finally got her reward.

We've all mentioned the surreal travel times in the 24 universe, but last night's jump was one of the largest "suspension of disbelief moments". From Point Mugu to Los Angeles in 5 minutes? According to a MapQuest query, that is a distance of 50.87 miles. I suppose at 2:00 am that they could safely speed on the freeway, but 600 mph?

I realized last night who Chloe reminds me of. Molly Shannon, in a one-shot appearance on Seinfeld as Elaine's nemesis, who didn't move her arms when she walked.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

When I saw that scene, for some weird reason, Kim reminded me of Scrappy Doo...

Good episode, great ending. But why was Nina being injected in the neck? And was that green stuff in the syringe borrowed from Sloane? ;)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, you would think that would be the kind of thing that could have waited until morning considering what CTU was up against.

You know what kind of bugged me. I the commercials for last night's episode, we knew Nina somehow gets away because we hear a cool intercom voice saying "Nina Myers is loose in the building" with an alarm going off. In the actual episode, we learn it was just Chappelle saying it. I know that the distorted it so it wouldn't be spoiled. But I hardly see why it would have mattered if they just showed Chappelle saying it in the previews. Not a big deal really, but when you consider all the other huge spoilers that previews have dealt before, it seems weird

James T

Screenwriter

I guess that's why she looks familiar. Another geek note: Mason was John Connor's foster father.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Best closing scene in a long time. Reminded me of the glory days of early Season 1, when they had a knockout punch like that every week. And it looked like it was going to be another "Kim gets in trouble" situation, too. Nina was a great villain, but it's time to move on.

Looks like this show still has signs of life after all.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The show finally regains some credibility (such as it is).

No, but when they ask the wife for her statement, and she's hinky, and/or when they ask for her statement and she lawyers up, that would be suspicious.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Ken.......nice use of hinky......thought I was the only person to use that word.

And about the final showdown. It was perfect. No dramatic buildup to the showdown, Jack just shows up and handles the situation, and even has Nina at his mercy for a moment, giving her time to realize that he has won.

Just a perfect ending to the episode. Perfect.

And for some reason, god help me, I am starting to like chase. I dont know why, but that bastard has grown on me. I no longer see him as a poser-jack.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Unless Jack just shot around her four times to scare her, yes, Nina's dead. He's not that incompetent, and this isn't Alias.

I learned "hinky" and "lawyer up" from TV. Who says it isn't educational?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Regarding Nina being dead... (teaser spoilers ahead)

Tony said she was in the teaser for the next episode. That could just be mis-direction, but coupled with Jack shooting the crap out of her...I think she's a goner.

Shane Roach

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't get to see the previews for next week. This was at least the third time this season that my local Fox station (WHNS 21 in Greenville, SC) has rolled straight into their newscast immediately after the last "deet-doot" counting to the top of the hour.

Grrr...

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I don't watch 24 previews anymore because it's gotten ridiculous how much info they give away. But Nina has to be dead. It would take away from one of the best episode endings ever in 24.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But, at the start of the next hour, could Nina say one thing before she died to either misdirect CTU or help them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks