What's new

1966 Batman DVD Coming! See Post 649 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What? You want more?

gallery_286742_34_123505.jpg

gallery_286742_34_123730.jpg

gallery_286742_34_31041.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
^ I don't how much you know about collectibles but the box is probably way more valuable than the cards. Relatively speaking, lots of people kept the cards but not many people kept the box.
Maybe. But it's missing the top of the box (unfortunately). And the ends are in rough shape.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You got that right.

Like I said, I haven't looked at these cards in quite some time.

But looking at each card, the images all come rushing back to me...like I can remember every detail. Which ones I loved, which ones I didn't like.

One thing I DO remember. I spent a lot of time studying these cards when I was a youngster. I was seven years old in 1966. I spent a lot of time with these cards.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mike,

Fabulous! I owned some of those back in the day. That's really great that you still have them. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ockeghem said:
Mike,

Fabulous! I owned some of those back in the day. That's really great that you still have them. :)
Did you not catch a peek of one of the surprises I had forgotten about? I thought your eagle eyes would be all over it! :biggrin:

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Mike Frezon said:
You got that right.

Like I said, I haven't looked at these cards in quite some time.

But looking at each card, the images all come rushing back to me...like I can remember every detail. Which ones I loved, which ones I didn't like.

One thing I DO remember. I spent a lot of time studying these cards when I was a youngster. I was seven years old in 1966. I spent a lot of time with these cards.
Boy, are we on the same page. I was five in 1966 and did the exact same thing!

If you weren't there and caught up in Batmania, you wouldn't understand. The inclusion of these cards is a big treat for the folks that witnessed it first hand.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I can remember going to our local corner store every week or so where they sold Batman cards, sports cards, Wacky Packages, etc. There were times when I would go there and the new shipment of cards would not yet have arrived. Talk about disappointment!
Bob Furmanek said:
If you weren't there and caught up in Batmania, you wouldn't understand. The inclusion of these cards is a big treat for the folks that witnessed it first hand.
This is so very true. The memories from those days are something I cherish.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Bob Furmanek said:
Boy, are we on the same page. I was five in 1966 and did the exact same thing!

That's great. I wasn't born in time for the original Batmania and I watched the show in syndication. Hot Wheels Batmobiles are fairly easy to find, but I am especially glad that they included the cards for you original Batmaniacs.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Did anyone have the Corgi Toys Batmobile? It was slightly larger than the Hotwheels and the fire moved in and out as you rolled it along. It also came with little pellets that you could shoot out of the launchers and little plastic Batman and Robin that you could take out and put in the Batboat that came with a trailer to hitch to the Batmobile. I still have mine but it is in poor condition from a lot of playtime.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
^^^ Yes I had that as well. Also, the Green Hornet car and the James Bond car. In the mid 80's those were worth a few hundred dollars. Unfortunately I no longer have them as I am sure they would be worth quite a bit now. Those Corgi cars were awesome with great detail and well made of die cast metal. I sure wish I had them still (along with matchbox cars and hot wheels from back then).

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
bryan4999 said:
Did anyone have the Corgi Toys Batmobile? It was slightly larger than the Hotwheels and the fire moved in and out as you rolled it along. It also came with little pellets that you could shoot out of the launchers and little plastic Batman and Robin that you could take out and put in the Batboat that came with a trailer to hitch to the Batmobile. I still have mine but it is in poor condition from a lot of playtime.
I had it along with the Green Hornet car, which I still have. It is in "played-with" condition.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
phenri said:
I had it along with the Green Hornet car, which I still have. It is in "played-with" condition.
Speaking of the "Green Hornet" I am still hopeful of a release of this as well. However since there hasn't even been rumors it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon . At least it got high quality airings on Encore several years back .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks