Marantz has introduced three new SR-series network AV receivers, namely the SR7013, SR6013 and SR5013. The lineup will include Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and, perhaps surprisingly, Auro 3D processing, the latter typically only found on high-end preamps up until this point. The 9.2 channel Marantz SR7013 will allow for five channels of immersive sound as well as an additional four channels for height speakers to reproduce object-based surround fields. The implementation of Amazon Alexa voice control and Apple Airplay 2 compatibility will see that the new receivers are staying on par with the tech curve. The Marantz SR7013 ($2199) will be available in September. The SR6013 ($1499) and SR5013 ($999) are currently available at Marantz retailers and online at www.marantz.com/us.
“For more than 65 years, Marantz has produced some of the purest sounding and most visually stunning products for music lovers, critical listeners and home theater buffs worldwide,” said Emmanuel Millot, global brand director at Marantz. “The latest additions to the SR-series receivers continue building on that legacy of exceptional home entertainment experiences by adding in technologies that consumers care about most, including 3D immersive audio, Apple Airplay 2 and stunning visual pass-through capabilities.”
The SR7013 will deliver 125 watts of power per channel (8 Ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.05% THD, 2 channel driven). It includes Marantz’s Dynamic Amplification Module (HDAM) circuitry to provide ‘optimal fidelity and maximum dynamic range’ of high-resolution files for improved sound quality. The SR7013 also supports 3D immersive audio with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Auro-3D and DTS Virtual:X and can decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files, as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks.
The SR7013 works with ihiji Invision remote system management and Domotz Pro remote monitoring and management technology, allowing integrators to monitor the status of connected products and troubleshoot remotely from a separate location or on-the-go. HDMI diagnostics mode is supported for on-site trouble-shooting of HDMI related audio/video issues via the receiver’s front panel operation.
Eight HDMI inputs, including one on the front fascia, support HDCP 2.2, 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, High Dynamic Range (HDR10), 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020 pass-through. Marantz will also unlock two HDMI 2.1 specification features via future firmware update, eARC and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM). eARC will enable the transmission of object-based audio from TV applications. ALLM will automatically switch the AVR to low latency mode when connected to an Xbox One and any TV model that also supports ALLM.
Music services include Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2 or the HEOS app; Spotify, Pandora, Sirius XM, TuneIn, TIDAL, Amazon Music and Deezer. For hands-free control, the SR7013 also has Amazon Alexa voice compatibility. When the HEOS Home Entertainment Skill App is downloaded, users can ask Alexa to play, pause or stop music, switch inputs across different media players, adjust the volume, as well as other commands. Additionally, the SR7013, SR6013 and SR5013 will support AirPlay 2 via future firmware update this summer. The SR7013 includes the Audyssey Platinum suite for room tuning.
Marantz has listed key features of the SR7013 below:
· 9.2 channel AV Receiver with 11.2 channel processing capability
· 125 watts per channel (8 Ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.05% THD, 2 channel driven)
· 8 HDMI inputs (including on in front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (including Zone 2)
· Advanced video processing with analog to HDMI, SD to HD/4K Upscaling
· HEOS built-in to provide streaming music from Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, Amazon Music, TIDAL, Deezer and more with Bluetooth, Airplay2
· 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, Dolby Vision compatibility, HDR10, HLG and BT.2020
· Three-dimensional audio formats Dolby Atmos, DTS:X (up to 7.1.4 with an external 2ch amplifier), Auro-3D and DTS Virtual:X for height virtualization effects
· eARC (Enhanced Audio Return channel) supports the transmission of 3D audio from TV applications with a single HDMI connection (via future firmware update)
· ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) supports best gaming experience (via August 2018 firmware update)
· Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
· Enjoy multi-room whole-home audio streaming with HEOS technology
· Amazon Alexa voice control via the HEOS Home Entertainment skill
· Marantz 2016 AVR remote app for control over the latest generation of Marantz network AV Receivers. Available on iOS and Android.
· High Resolution DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
· AKM AK4458 32-bit D/A converters, HDAM circuit boards and Current Feedback circuitry for optimum fidelity and maximum dynamic range
· Suite of Audyssey room correction software: Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ, LFC and Sub EQ HT
· Seamless out-of-the-box experience with Quick Start Guide, guided Setup Assistant and Marantz AVR Remote App
· Hybrid PLL Clock Jitter Reducer for pristine sound that’s immune to disruptions in the surrounding environment