What's new

Zenith C27V36 Opinions? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hi All,

I need a bedroom set and initially tabbed the Toshiba 24AF43 non HD set as the replacement for $300 on sale. However through a local dealer and some haggling, I can get the Zenith C27V36 for about $550. I'm figuring that for an additional $250 I get "HD-readiness" and 3" more diagonal screen space.

Are there owners out there who would testify as to how good/bad this set is? The Circuit City model I saw had a coaxial feed and looked like crap - but then all of their sets with that feed did (including a Sony XBR!).

Best Buy had the big brother C32V37 on their HD component feed and it looked very good. I'm hoping that it was just the setup at CC that made the 27 look bad.

Also I've heard that some sets had a buzzing sound - anyone here experience that?

Any other problems with the set? How does the DCDi work? I'll probably have to buy a cheap DVD player eventually (my other rig is a 47" Panny HD w/ RP91 player) and if the DCDi is good on the set, I might let that do the de-interlacing and just buy a cheapo player.

The feature set is great: 2 HD inputs, 5 total video inputs, 16:9 mode, SVM disabling, HD-ready, Faroudja DCDi.

Thanks in advance!

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I'm also interested in the Zenith HDTV. I thought that the picture looked GOOD at CC(just my opinion). Just wondering how good the TV is quality wise? I've also heard about the buzzing sound. Check this out from one of my threads...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, not all CCs hook em up the same, so very possibly your local CC had it hooked up right. Mine has it hooked up like it was a 19" Oritron TV. :frowning:

Well if the buzzing isn't that loud, I can live with that. We will have it about 7-8' away from our watching position so it's no big deal.

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I'm leaning toward the Zenith set and I should have it by weeks end. I'll post my thoughts when(and if) I get it.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah the deal I have will expire at week's end so it looks like I'll be picking it up too. I was just hoping to get some feedback from owners as to whether or not there were any major problems with this set.

I will look for your thread or start my own (if you haven't started one) w/ my impressions.

Meanwhile, I'm probably not going to be buying until later this week, so any owners please post your thoughts on this set in this thread!

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks