What's new

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (13 Viewers)

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
I put this here rather than the Insider Announcement forum from whence came the quote.

See below for directions to the WSL sale.
To get to the WSL sale from scratch, go to the home page of kinolorber.com and click on Shop in the top menu. From there, you have two ways to go.
1. Simply scroll down the Shop page to the WSL section near the bottom of the page. Then click on View All there.
2. Alternatively, in the banner across the top of the page below the Search bar, click on a side scroll arrow until you bring up the WSL banner. Then click on it.
In their announcements they could also spell out things like "While Supplies Last" and include a link for people like me who don't have the intricacies of their web site layout and terminology memorized.

I love their sales (I just blew $73 on the last one), but browsing their site could be a whole lot easier. For one thing, how about disc titles to accompany cover thumbnails for us customers with 60/70-decade-old eyesight? Or an option to view as a list? Ability to view by decade of film release would be nice, too.

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
I put this here rather than the Insider Announcement forum from whence came the quote.

In their announcements they could also spell out things like "While Supplies Last" and include a link for people like me who don't have the intricacies of their web site layout and terminology memorized.

I love their sales (I just blew $73 on the last one), but browsing their site could be a whole lot easier. For one thing, how about disc titles to accompany cover thumbnails for us customers with 60/70-decade-old eyesight? Or an option to view as a list? Ability to view by decade of film release would be nice, too.

Hey, Paul! The "WSL" abbreviation I used in that post is just a quick way of specifying "While Supplies Last." Don't worry, KL does spell it out as "While Supplies Last" on their website and in the announcement post that is right above my post in that thread. :) They got you covered there. It's just that on these boards we tend to abbreviate phrases we use a lot.

According to postings by KL Support elsewhere, KL should be adding a bunch of search and sort enhancements to their website some time after the beginning of the year, so you may get some or all of your preferred upgrades then. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with their website.

P.S. — Yeah, I have to keep a pair of reading glasses handy at the computer since I'm in my seventies too. Sometimes I even zoom the webpage. :lol:

Rick

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Hey, Paul! The "WSL" abbreviation I used in that post is just a quick way of specifying "While Supplies Last." Don't worry, KL does spell it out as "While Supplies Last" on their website and in the announcement post that is right above my post in that thread. :)
Well, it was the Kino Insider's use of just WSL in the original post (#10,666) in that forum that started me wondering about it. In today's post he's spelling it out and including a link. Thanks for letting me know they're going to be revamping the site, I'm looking forward to it.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I called them, but the lady I talked to was unable to get into their system. So I'm waiting on a return call.
Got my order today. :thumbsup:

kino_oct5.jpg

---------------

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I read on another forum that The Hunchback of Notre Dame is OOS for the moment - that'd hold up an order for sure since KINO only ships when everything is available.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I read on another forum that The Hunchback of Notre Dame is OOS for the moment - that'd hold up an order for sure since KINO only ships when everything is available.
Glad I deleted that from my order (which arrived today).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Glad I deleted that from my order (which arrived today).
Now, that I know what is going on, I don't have any regrets having that title holding up my order. I got so many newly arrived discs that I'm already having difficulty watching many of them. It's ironic that some Kino discs being released next week like "Corridor of Mirrors" and "The Silence of the Lambs" 4K/UHD will arrive later today ahead of that large October 5th order of titles released back in August and September.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Now, that I know what is going on, I don't have any regrets having that title holding up my order. I got so many newly arrived discs that I'm already having difficulty watching many of them. It's ironic that some Kino discs being released next week like "Corridor of Mirrors" and "The Silence of the Lambs" 4K/UHD will arrive later today ahead of that large October 5th order of titles released back in August and September.
Yeah, I don't generally care too much about short delays. I think my last order with Kino had 2-3 titles that were out of stock. It seems like it only added an extra week or so in the end.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I did two orders. In the first I ordered the complete Night Stalker series so we can watch some episodes during Halloween month. My second order is being held up for Hunchback, but I let it stand because I really want that one. And like Robert, I've got lots of Kino discs from previous sales I have not watched yet.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
In my latest batch is Caboblanco, a dull, strangely underpowered film of Charles Bronson. The blu ray has an acceptable image quality for a film which hardly anybody can have seen. The feature commentary is very good and it is clear that a longer version must have been released at some time. Great cast but one for Bronson completists only.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I picked up the following, about half are blind buys:

633 Squadron/Mosquito Squadron
The French Conspiracy
Heartworn Highways
J.C. (never seen this but the synopsis is just over the top)
Last Year at Marienbad (I bought this before, but I foolishly let someone borrow it)

Thank you for the sale Kino. I finally was offered a new job and start on Monday, so hopefully I'll be able to get another order in before the sale is up!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As this latest Kino Sale comes to an end, I'm still waiting on my October 5th order to ship. I probably need to make another call to them on Monday.

1[Blu-ray] 13 Washington SquareOrder Taken$10.99
1[Blu-ray] Apocalypse '45Order Taken$11.99
1[Blu-ray] The Blue Lamp (Special Edition)Order Taken$9.99
1[Blu-ray] F.P. 1 Doesn't AnswerOrder Taken$9.99
1[Blu-ray] The Emperor WaltzOrder Taken$10.99
1[Blu-ray] Four Frightened PeopleOrder Taken$9.99
1[Blu-ray] The Green ManOrder Taken$9.99
1[Blu-ray] The Hunchback of Notre DameOrder Taken$12.49
1[Blu-ray] MasqueradeOrder Taken$11.99
1[Blu-ray] No Time for LoveOrder Taken$10.99
1[Blu-ray] One Potato, Two PotatoOrder Taken$9.99
1[Blu-ray] ThunderboltOrder Taken$10.99
Sub-Total:$130.38

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Making another call sounds like a good idea.

I placed my order of 20 items on 10/12. It shipped on 10/15 and arrived on 10/19, one day earlier than tracking predicted.

That said, I left out films that were said to be temporarily out of stock. I’m placing a smaller order tomorrow with those items, which now appear to be back in stock.

D9EF93A5-E33A-4E17-997E-D86CE704ABDF.jpeg

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
As this latest Kino Sale comes to an end, I'm still waiting on my October 5th order to ship. I probably need to make another call to them on Monday.

Quasimodo is back in stock. You should be in luck.

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick

Actually, on the other forum, KL Support has been posting for people NOT to call their telephone number because there are no staff in their offices. :) I guess the people you get on the phone are remote workers. Anyway, KL Support strongly advises using the customer service form here: https://www.kinolorber.com/customer-service

That page explains the office problem. Scroll down for the contact form.

Good luck,
Rick

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Quasimodo is back in stock. You should be in luck.
Actually, on the other forum, KL Support has been posting for people NOT to call their telephone number because there are no staff in their offices. :) I guess the people you get on the phone are remote workers. Anyway, KL Support strongly advises using the customer service form here: https://www.kinolorber.com/customer-service

That page explains the office problem. Scroll down for the contact form.

Good luck,
Rick
Minor miracles do happen, in just a few hours after I contacted customer service via that provided link, my order is now ready to ship with a tracking number.:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks