What's new

Yet another Cdn/U.S. differential? - Ginger Snaps (1 Viewer)

Kyle Milligan

Stunt Coordinator
While I haven't seen any special feature specs listed (at all) for the Artisan U.S. release of Ginger Snaps, I'm pretty sure it's not stacked like the Canadian version.
They're both due out Tuesday. This is kind of an underrated little gem that didn't get much exposure. My guess is it'd be worth going through one of the online Canadian DVD retailers if you're looking for it.
------------------
Kyle
www.toldyouso.net

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Before I start off this post, I'd like to say screw UPS for not shipping items out on weekends. :)
I used CNL to order the Canadian Ginger Snaps DVD and CNL is a good online retailer. I only paid $15 US (total) for the Ginger Snaps DVD and it shipped a week before street date... but one tiny problem: they ship UPS. If UPS shipped out items on weekends, I would've had the DVD yesterday, but now I have to wait till Monday to get my hands on the DVD.
frown.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Based on what I have heard and read, I would not make any DVD purchases at C&L online. I don't like their return policy. If something is defective, then you have pay shipping twice. Be wary of all their charges. All these little things just rub me the wrong way. However, I may buy from them in person whenever I am in the area.
Dave

Kyle Milligan

Stunt Coordinator
I would've thought dvdboxoffice.com would've been another option, but despite the maple leafs all over the place, they're listing the Artisan version for sale.
This might be harder than I thought. Anyone else have a recommended Canadian online retailer?
------------------
Kyle
www.toldyouso.net

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
CNL are fine. The chances of you getting a defective product are pretty slim. I've bought over 70 discs from them both instore and online and haven't had a single problem.
As for the Ginger Snaps differences between the Canadian/US version. I'd like to say I'm happy for once that Canada gets a better disc. So often we Canadian's get an inferior release (Memento comes to mind).
Anyways, as for the quality of the disc you can find my review of the Canadian SE at AaronJB's site A Guide to Current DVD
The direct link is Ginger Snaps CE DVD Review
[Edited last by Mark McLeod on October 21, 2001 at 05:11 PM]

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Another option would be DV Depot as they are selling the Canadian release as well. There price is not nearly as good as CNL's though.
M.
[Edited last by Mark McLeod on October 21, 2001 at 05:29 PM]

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just reeling from shock that a Canadian version has more features than the American version. Guess Alliance isn't doing this one.
------------------
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks