What's new

Blu-ray Review Yentl Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

theonemacduff

Second Unit
Real Name
Jon Paul
In Bluray.com's screen shots, if you look at the shot of the boys in the wagon, you can just about detect a barely perceptible halo along the mountain ridge in the distance. But that could also be an effect of the inherent contrast between the darker (forest) and lighter (sky) pixels, so no, this is not, shall we say, Halo City; and I didn't notice any particular halo-ing on any of the other shots, so as the wise man said, be prepared for variable mileage. Plus, it's always a pleasure to read Jeffrey Kaufman's reviews of any kind of music, as he has an encylopedic, and practical knowledge which he makes accessible. (Apologies for plugging the Other Site.)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
David Watkin, was the DP on Yentl, he did Out of Africa, as well that looked nice not sure which DVD now since I have two of them and saw the captures of the dire bluray that was heavy with DNR,

Chariots of Fire, as well that looked okay on tv years ago. Memphis Belle, looks okay on DVD. Return to Oz, looked okay on tv many years ago, might still have the NICAM of it around on VHS.

I just don't like the pale colorless look of Yentl. with outdoor scenes it looks lifeless.

Catch-22, looked clear on tv years...ago.

I guess Barbara, wanted a dreamy like pale muted colour look. Its a solid pass for me. I'll buy cat food for the cat instead. Its one bluray I can do without.

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
I have seen the disc on a 3.5m wide screen and there is sharpening visible. I said nothing about DNR. There might have been some noise processing in some shots. I noticed no obvious artifacts in that regard.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Yentyl looks great- watched it last night. The color scheme reminded me of Heaven's Gate - almost sepia looking in its color scheme. The details of the clothing and interior libraries,etc were spot on. No complaints here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks