What's new

Yamaha YSP-2200 (No Sound) (1 Viewer)

deacon68

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean
Hello All,
I have just finished hooking up my Yamaha YSP-2200 to my receiver and television using the setup seen below. I get video for all three components, but no sound for any of them. I have run the initial setup for the YSP-2200 (which was fun!) so can confirm the unit is working.
Any suggestions for what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-520-K (rear view)
Soundbar: Yamaha YSP-2200 (rear view)
TV: Sony Bravia KDL42-V4100 (rear view)
Components:
XBOX 360 (HDMI) Out --------> Receiver (HDMI) In
Popcorn Hour (HDMI) Out ----> Receiver (HDMI) In
PC (HDMI) Out -----------------> Receiver (HDMI) In
Receiver (HDMI) Out -> Soundbar (HDMI) In-1
Soundbar (HDMI) Out (ARC) -> TV (HDMI) In-1

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
That soundbar is not meant to be used with a receiver, it's self powered. So you could just connect all the peripherals directly to the soundbar, and you'll be good. If you want touse the receiver, say for the tuner, then connect the receiver to the soundbar using either the digital coax (orange RCA port) or one of the optical connections.

deacon68

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean
Hi Al,
Thanks for the quick and informative reply. I would take the receiver out of the equation all together, but unfortunately I have four total HDMI connections, and only three available input ports on the soundbar. I neglected to mention in my original post that a Playstation 3 that will also be connecting via HDMI.
Additionally I make use of a pair of wireless Sennheiser RS-180 headphones that connect to my receivers monitor out jack.
I was told on another forum that I could change the HDMI Audio output from AMP to THRU which I have done, and that seems to have allowed sound to work for both the Popcorn Hour and XBOX 360.
It appears with the PC, I will need to connect audio via a TOSLINK cable, as the video card only passes video through the HDMI connection.
Thanks again for your quick reply!

phycomp

Auditioning
Real Name
jake thomas
It seems a little strange to use an AV receiver as an HDMI switch, you can buy HDMI expansion boxes easily and cheaply. The Yamaha YSP2200 is a great two box unit which gives good surround sound in movies, but in my opinion lacks a little with music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks