Yamaha compatible speakers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Joseph.P, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Joseph.P

Joseph.P Auditioning

I've been checking this board frequently to decide which reciever to purchase and decided on the Yamaha rx-v1400. When I was reviewing the posts on different recievers I saw some posts on certain speakers being a better match for certain kinds of recievers but I didn't make a note of them at the time because I hadn't choosen a reciever yet.
    Now I can't seem to find those posts with the search engine, can someone please provide some recommendations on bookshelf size speakers that match well with the Yamaha? thanks

2. Frank Lee

Frank Lee Stunt Coordinator

Hi

I have a Yamaha HTR-5590, which is pretty close to your reciever. I just got some Paradigm monitior 7s, ADP-370s, & the CC-370. I think it sounds incredible. Some people say that Paradigms are bright when teamed up with Yamaha, but I am pretty happy with the set up. I also have a SVS 20-39 for the bass.

Frank

3. MuneebM

MuneebM Supporting Actor

I've got the RX-V2400 matched with a complete set of JBL Studio Series speakers, parametric EQ'd, and it sounds truly amazing. Wonderful match.

I've also heard/tried the following speakers with the RX-V1400/RX-V2400:
    + Paradigm Monitor 7s, CC-370, Mini Monitors [Good match]
    - Athena Audition series [Bad match]

http://66.46.69.23/sigserv/pl/index.pl?p=3
    My DVD Collection

4. Daman

Daman Second Unit

I have Yamaha HTR 5790 which is the same as RXV 1400 - I have Energy Connesieur Series setup(all bookshelves):

2 Energy C3's as Mains
    Energy CC1 as Center Channel
    Energy CR1 Bipolars as side surrounds
    & 2 Energy C1's as back surrounds.
    Polk Audio PSW303 Subwoofer

And im very happy with my setup indeed [​IMG] and think its a great match. I think you should audition all the speakers and if still in doubt between few brands see if your dealer has a trial period- get them home, try them out and see which you like better with your reciever.

5. Oren Paul

Oren Paul Stunt Coordinator

I have the V1400 with Klipsch Cornwalls in front; an RC-7 center; pair of RS-7 surrounds; and pair of KG5.5's in the rear, with a SVS 20-39PCi sub. I am very pleased.

6. Joseph.P

Joseph.P Auditioning

Thanks for the input. I'm also considering the NHT SB3, but read they are power hungry. Does the rx-v1400/2400 have the power to drive these properly or would it be a bad match?

7. micah bjj

micah bjj Stunt Coordinator

Would the rx-v1400 or the 5790 be a good match with the Swan 5.2's and other Swan speakers?