What's new

yamaha 5790 (1 Viewer)

Brian Zamen

Agent
ok so there is another thread with mixed 57xx yamaha info

on the the 5790 specifically who has the best price?

jandr has it for $799 shipped seems like it can be had for cheaper with shipping.

I am thinking this is the receiver I am going to buy. The 2400 just seems a little too high for me price wise and the difference in the 5790 and 2400 seems minimal.

Also, if I am reading correctly the 5790 has supported warranty on internet buys and the 2400 should come from B&M store.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
It doesn't say that here on Yamaha's website. It says all products have to be purchased from an authorized reseller for the warranty to be valid. No distinction made between HTR or RX-V series.

Brian Zamen

Agent
I guess my confusion if from reading the threads here.

I thought the HTR series were authorized for online sales and the RX-V series wasn't.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

This vendor @ $539, plus cheap shipping: Etail Electronics

On a semi-related note, there is a vendor selling new RX-V750 receivers for $399 + $35.00 shipping via "Buy It Now" over at eBay. I can't vouch for the vendor, or if Yamaha will honor the warranty, though.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
I don't know where people are getting that information considering there's no distinction on Yamaha's website. Call Yamaha and find out, you wouldn't want to end up with a receiver with no warranty!

Brian Zamen

Agent
Well I went to the Yamaha site and followed the links to some internet authorized dealers.

Their sites seem to support the posts here. If I clicked on the 2400 for instance it would say not authorized for internet sales. The 5790 has no such distinction.

Brian Zamen

Agent
Wayne,

Do you think that Yamaha would honor a warranty purchased from that site?

I guess I will call them first.

You would think that they would honor all of their products for warranty.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

I really doubt that Yamaha would honor the warranty - again, this is just speculation. I contacted J&R a few weeks back and they would not sell me a new "RX-V" series receiver via mail order or the Internet because they were prohibited from doing so. Then again, you could see if Shop Sunshine would sell you a 3-year warranty for $39 or so that would cover any issues. But, in the end, you might pay more for the $399 RX-V750 and the warranty than if you just picked up the HTR-5760 for $349 + shipping, because Yamaha should honor the warranty on the HTR series of receivers sold over the Internet.

In regards to the HTR-5790, it's a few notches up over the 650 and 750 models. I guess if I were you, I'd keep my focus on the 5790. Seems like a good buy for $539.

Brian Zamen

Agent
Yeah, i was talking about them honoring the warranty on the 5790 from etailelectronics since they don't seem to be an authorized seller. I am pretty much sold on the 5790.

What speakers do you recommend to look at for a good price? JBLs on sale at bestbuy.com for $149 and then I would need a subwoofer too.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Brian,

You might want to check out the E90 speakers from JBL where Best Buy has 'em on sale for $249 (each). Go for these and you might not need a subwoofer for some time to come.

Actually, BB wants more money for a lesser model of JBL speakers - E80 speakers are $349 (each). I'm not sure how long the sale lasts on the E90 speakers, though.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Brian, although I've never heard the JBL speakers Wayne is referring to, I am pretty sure they are very good. However, for the price of the current JBL line of speakers, or for even less, you can find the discontinued JBL Studio Series line of speakers online. They're hard to find, and the search will be quite an adventure, but the JBL Studio Series line is excellent. They used to sell for 2-3 times what they're going for now, but as they're discontinued they're being sold dirt cheap. I have a complete JBL Studio Series line-up, as follows:
- Fronts: JBL S310II
- Center: JBL S-CenterII
- 3 Surrounds (for 6.1): JBL S36II

I can tell you from experience that these speakers match amazingly well with the Yamaha RX-V2400, as they will with the HTR-5790. Match these with an HSU or SVS subwoofer and you've got yourself an incredible HT! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks