What's new

Yamaha 5540? Any good? Better than Kenwood? (1 Viewer)

Geoffrey Arend

Auditioning
Hi-

Is the Yamaha 5540 any good? I am starting out big time and want to get something up fast. I am thinking HTB, but I am also thinking I don't want to spend $500. It's for my bedroom, but I love quality. Is this Kenwood HTB504 all it's cracked up to be? Will the receiver it comes with allow me to grow? Or should I stick with these Yamaha receivers that are getting so much love lately and buy those JBL NSP1's nobody can live without?

The JBL's are $250 everywhere and the Yamaha's are different and hard to find. I found a Yahoo shop that had the 5540 for $225, but they claim they are not authorized so the warranty is invalid. Anyone know where I can get some good deals?

Any chance I can buy a good receiver, get some crappy speakers and upgrade over time? If so, which crappy speakers? Again its for the bedroom, so the receiver is what I am worried about. The speakers don't have to shine too bright.

thanks all.

geoffrey

Richard Gray

Stunt Coordinator
Geoffrey,

Have you given the HTR 5540 and the JBL NSP1's a good listen? I did and was quite impressed with the quality out of a budget level system. If you want to go with the Yammie, then it should fill your needs. If not then check out the Denon 1602.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks