What's new

Yamaha 2400 7 ch. stereo vs. Denon 3803 7 channel stereo (1 Viewer)

Elbert Lee

Supporting Actor
I've owned a few Yamaha receivers in the past and have converted to Denon. I liked the panning and transitions better on the Denon and, even though the Yamaha sounds "warmer", I like the "near transparency" of the Denon.
When it comes to the $1k receivers, I tend to recommend Denon because of its 7 channel stereo feature. However, Yamaha has recently added this surround mode as well
I was wondering if anyone can give me any testimony on how these two units might comare for both 7 channel stereo and for movies
Thanks!
El

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Try DTS-ES mode or Dolby Surround-EX with movies. Either of these brands do these formats well.

Both are making some great receivers with loads of options.

As for the "warmer" sound of the Yammy, fans work well to cure this problem , and I always have a hard time finding the volume knob on "transparent" equipment in a dark room!:D

Couldn't resist,

Dennis

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
So basically guys, I won't go wrong with either brands. It's because, I am having a hard time deciding between Yamaha RXV1400 and Denon 2803. I like the Yamaha's microphone feature wherein, it will automatically setup your speaker. In denon, probably, a little more bass sound. So help me guys :)

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
The Yamaha's setup feature is neat, but realize that once setup is achieved, that feature is rarely used. I wouldn't choose the receiver on this feature alone, and my receiver has this.

Listen all you can to different models, get a feel for their remotes and controls. If you can't listen, list all of the features that each has and try to find out how important each may be to you. All pieces of sound equipment have their good and bad points that need to be considered. No single offering gives you everything.

I try to consider many of the major brand offerings in my price range and purchase based on what I personally consider to be the best match for the intended use. I chose a totally different type and brand of receiver for my front projection home theater than I did for my bedroom TV setup.

Both Yamaha and Denon make great receivers.

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
I just recently upgraded to the Harman Kardon AVR 7200. I would have to go to a seperate preamp/amp setup to get a noticeable improvement from this
I chose it as a 7.1 upgrade from 5 channel due to the great amp section that delivers the full 700 watt rating that the specs claim. I have put together a Polk Audio surround setup from their RT series and love the lush full sound that I now get with the combo. Dual EBS Shivas for subs.

In a living room 35" Sony setup, I have a JVC RX-9010 receiver with Polks and my bedroom has a JVC RX-DV3SL receiverDVD combo with Altec Lansing surrounds.

Dennis

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks