What's new

Xbox Survey - wireless controllers (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
There is a new Xbox survey over at Xbox.com and many of the questions concern wireless controllers. It looks like they are trying to gauge customer interest and satisfaction with wireless controllers. If you want a first party wireless controller, head on over and take the survey!

-Dave

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
good survey. I hope MS puts out a good wireless controller, and keep the controller S design. I think Nintendo is the only company to get it right by keeping the wireless controller identical to the standard.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
The best part about the Wavebird (IMO) is the price. Previous attempts at wireless controllers started at $50 (and I guess it's important to mention they all sucked while the cheaper Wavebird kicks ass).

I'd love to see Microsoft follow suit in performance and price.

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
Have you tried the Logitech wireless controllers? They didn't make them cheap, but they sure don't suck either. I have the PS2 one, and if I could find it for less than $70 - which is ridiculous - I'd have the Xbox one too.

John Nielsen

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up the Logitec for X-Box a couple of months ago when it was on sale at CompUSA for $60 with a 20% rebate. I really like it, but would much rather have a first party wireless.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Anyone else feel old after being lumped in with the 31+ crowd. ;)

My survey did not ask much about the wireless controllers. I do not own one and all it asked is why with only 4 reasons why not. They did not have a choice regarding the fact that no wireless controller will hook up the communicator pack, only if you were concerned about them not working as well in general.

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
Even more generally, it didn't ask if current offerings provided enough features.

I forget what I responded with, though. I tried to pick something that would indicate that I was interested in them.

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know where I could get a decent deal on the Xbox Logitech controller now? If I could get it for $60 total I might bite.

EdR

Second Unit
I own 4 wireless controllers, and so far the wavebirds are the best, followed by the Logitech (PS2) and then the Madcatz Lynx (I returned a MadCatz DualForce for the PS2 after it stopped working).

I took the survey and gave MS my feedback about the Lynx. For most games, it works fine, but I found out that with Colin McRae 3, if i really work the left stick hard (which is easy to to in this game), it will occasionally get stuck...as if it's being pushed all the way in one direction, even though it's not being pushed at all. This is momentary, on the order of less than a second, but it's fatal in a game like CMR3. I haven't noticed this in other games, except possibly once or twice in PDO. Probably because most games don't cause me to punish the stick so much.

The other problem with the MadCatz, again only exposed after playing it with CMR3, is that the reponse of the triggers is very non-linear. When you pull the right trigger in about halfway, you might get the slightest hint of acceleration in CMR3...pull it 3/4th in and you get about 40-50% 'gas'.

I switched to the MS 'S' controller and it's WAY better. You get acceleration from the trigger as soon as you pull it in slightly, and it's roughly 50% gas when it's pulled in half way. This allows much more control over the amount of throttle than you can get with the Lynx.

As I said, I never noticed these problems until I used it with CMR3, but it's far from a perfect controller. I do hope that MS makes their own wireless controller, based on my experiuence with the tethered 'S'.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
An interesting question for that would have been if you use and extention cable or not.

Good number of questions on the survey, and I got to make my displeasure with the standard Live headset known (I can't stand the behind the ears design).

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
I was interested in the questions about the comfort of the Live headset. I cannot stand playing more than thirty minutes with it on. I find Sony's over the head SOCOM headset is much more comfortable, and can hope they offer another headset as a choice for Live in the future.

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit

Most cell phone headsets will work. I think the only ones that don't are the ones that use the special adapter for Nokia phones.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
New survey about new Controller colors.

http://www.xbox.com/news/0303/colorc...ler-survey.htm

I like the Blue and green ones best.

Most cell phone headsets will work.
Phone headsets can vary in quality, clarity, and volume though. A guy I play with most nights uses a phone set which makes him very quiet, not nearly as clear, and he gets a lot of echo. When he switches to the standard set, I can barely tell it's him.

But, I'm probably goint to have to pick one up because the behind the ears design really sucks.

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
I have an eclipse wireless controller by pelican for xbox that is excellent and it's 39.99, a lot cheaper than logitechs. And it models the "S" controller.
www.pelicanacc.com

I got it at best buy website

John

HalRoth

Agent
The biggest problem as of now with the XBOX wireless controllers, is their lack of Xbox Live Support. None of them feature any expansion slots, so as of now they are worthless. They failed to really ask that question in their survey.

EdR

Second Unit
They failed to really ask that question in their survey.
Really? You mean the survey about wireless controllers or the color one? I could swear that they asked a question about how you deal with Live if you answer 'yes' to owning a wireless controller.

Todd Durham

Agent
Another vote for the eclipse controller..was sceptical at first but it has done well with all the games that I own

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks